Author Topic: Cigarette Prices  (Read 7752 times)

Offline dycedon

Cigarette Prices
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 09:50:07 AM »
approx £21 in Dalaman duty free, you can buy when you land, better price than GLW

Offline tonyb

Cigarette Prices
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 15:15:20 PM »
Cheaper on the plane + trying to get B&H in Calis is a total waste of time, same in Fethiye. TC £34.00 FOR 400(B&H). I doubt of you'll beat that ,but who knows?

Offline Fafbear

Cigarette Prices
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 22:04:50 PM »
Thanks to everyone, think we will try TC Flight will update you on return, as previously mentioned we too have had 200 sleeves wrapped in newspaper and given to us after a short wait, also been approached on beach by waiters who spot English cigarretes, have given them English money, and with no exception they have always returned with cigs,maybe we have always been lucky.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Cigarette Prices
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 10:29:47 AM »
Give them up and look how much money you can save. 6 quid a day is nearly 2200 pounds a year and you could have a few nice holidays in Turkey with the savings.

Offline Bluwise

Cigarette Prices
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 20:50:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

Give them up and look how much money you can save. 6 quid a day is nearly 2200 pounds a year and you could have a few nice holidays in Turkey with the savings.

How do you know they can't afford both?

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Cigarette Prices
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 21:20:02 PM »
Maybe they can but what about the health benefits as well. Many years ago I smoked 60 a day and when I packed up I put that money in a pot and I finished up after one year being able to have a holiday in Florida and bought a top of the range Hi Fi. These were 2 things that I would not have been able to afford at the time if I had continued smoking.

If I was paying out 15 quid a day I certainly would not have been able to afford some of the things that I have bought and some of the places that I have visited.

I am not preaching or banging the drum about being against smoking. It is personal choice to smoke or not.

Offline Bluwise

Cigarette Prices
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 22:04:18 PM »
It is indeed.
I think with the amount of "advice" we are given daily on not doing this or doing more of that I have perhaps become a little sensitive to anyone suggesting change because whatever it is someone else is doing may not be what they would do.
I understand what you are saying about the financial benefits you personally have made and that's great for you but the health side is a whole different argument!  Health benefits could be applied to a whole host of topics from drinking and eating to how much texting is unhealthy.  It did come across as a little patronising initially and just generated a reaction from me - no offence intended. ;)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Cigarette Prices
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 00:30:20 AM »
It was not meant to be patronizing and I was being a little flippant in the way I wrote it. I actually believe the health side of the debate is much more important than the financial side.For nearly 30 years the medical profession and the government have been saying that smoking does damage your health and can kill. Life is precious,I had the misfortune of seeing both my parents die from smoking related diseases. Even so, I still think it is personal choice whether to smoke or not.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Cigarette Prices
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 09:21:48 AM »
So government says smoking can damage your health and kill! wonder why they dont make it illegal. perhaps its something to do with the money from the extortionate tax they take on a packet of 20. HYPOCRITS! I say if people enjoy what they like let them get on with it.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Cigarette Prices
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 09:55:25 AM »
Apparently, the money taken by the government in taxes for tobacco is taken up by the costs for medical care for people suffering smoking related diseases.  So it's a catch 22 situation.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf