Author Topic: ATM - HSBC  (Read 4223 times)

Offline neylan

ATM - HSBC
« on: August 15, 2010, 21:51:10 PM »
i am planning to apply to have an atm by hsbc and ing bank for uzumlu... we can start to collect the signatures to make it easy...
loves,
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 14:38:54 PM by neylan »

Offline Denise40

ATM - HSBC
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 05:52:47 AM »
Count me in, had big car problem on Saturday and had to pay the local mechanic and had to ask a friend to take us to the nearest ATM which was at Kippa - its a pain to travel that far so I personally would welcome one.

Offline peecee

ATM - HSBC
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 07:11:48 AM »
wish you luck with that one Neylan

Offline Firo

ATM - HSBC
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 08:33:33 AM »
Good luck Neylan.
We have tried before and the Baskan wants one but the banks claimed they couldn't find a secure place. The Baskan offered them the side of the PTT and also next to the Jandarma Station so no issues with security there but still no banks took up the request.
If I remember correctly it wasn't high on the priority of lots of expats here but hopefully things might have changed.
We are holding our quiz/fund raising night on Weds at the Cadianda so you are more than welcome to join us and bring your petition along to gather signatures from everyone there.
Fi

Offline The Crinklies

ATM - HSBC
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 13:52:16 PM »
There is an atm in Gunlukbasi but unable to remember which bank?!

Offline neylan

ATM - HSBC
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 15:46:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Firo

Good luck Neylan.
We have tried before and the Baskan wants one but the banks claimed they couldn't find a secure place. The Baskan offered them the side of the PTT and also next to the Jandarma Station so no issues with security there but still no banks took up the request.
If I remember correctly it wasn't high on the priority of lots of expats here but hopefully things might have changed.
We are holding our quiz/fund raising night on Weds at the Cadianda so you are more than welcome to join us and bring your petition along to gather signatures from everyone there.
Fi

thanks a lot for your kind invitation,  wont able to be there on Wed even how much i wished but Paul will be there with any formal application letter to sign who liked...hope to see you as soon as pos...i will also send some cds for the fund...loves

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
ATM - HSBC
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 16:10:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by The Crinklies

There is an atm in Gunlukbasi but unable to remember which bank?!

Tere are 2 in Gunlukbasi now one at the side of the Bakers next to the Police Staion that is Zirrat Bank then one across the road from the Police Station, not sure I think it might be Garanti, there is always an armed copper outside the station so I think these are safe to use
Mark

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
ATM - HSBC
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 16:28:28 PM »
use the one next door to the bakers regularly - no problems, and always felt safe. In fact the baker often comes out for a chat and would certainly make sure anyone using it is OK.

Offline calvin 1949

ATM - HSBC
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 10:19:27 AM »
Neylan ,Paul said that you had a meeting with HSBC manager yesterday ,how did it go ??

Offline Paul Brock

ATM - HSBC
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 16:47:12 PM »
I was involved in a meeting with HSBC Manger yesterday. He said that they wanted to put in an ATM in Uzumlu and he had already spoken to his Head Office who had agreed in principle. Said that they needed a secure place to put it on which they did not have to pay rent.

He told me that he will arrange a meeting with mayor next week to see if they can find somewhere appropriate and has asked that we go with him.

He liked the letter/petition which we collected signatures for at the quiz night but has asked that we redo it in both Turkish and English and get names printed next to the signatures so we may have to start that again.

It all sounds very promising but I have lived here long enough to know not to get too excited until we physically see it in place.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf