Author Topic: 3 years and today it's a finished quiz  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Firo

3 years and today it's a finished quiz
« on: December 08, 2010, 22:40:19 PM »
So glad that is over tonight.:(
Only 5 teams attended and confirmed our decision that Uzumlu cannot warrant 2 quizzes, back to back on successive nights and there is no we can compete on the level of prizes. We were about getting money for the kids and not about giving away huge prizes to everyone.
For us, no more worries, no more 2/3 days looking for questions and we can now start doing what we came here to do...get our lives back.
Unfortunately it means no more money for the local kids..........
What a sad day :(
Fi & Eric

Offline CAROL BROWNE

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 23:29:26 PM »
i'm arriving in aug and i'll will be bringing lots of raffle prizes
with me

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 23:31:25 PM »
Silly post Fi ,a lot of folks are back in Uk ,no reason to chuck teddies out over one night,I think everyone appreciates your Quizzes, if any consolation there were only a few teams at last nights quiz needless to say we were not there ,maybe we could of won that one .Stay safe .Calvin

Offline bikerchickblonde

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 00:19:33 AM »
Oh Fiona and Eric .... what a shame!   I can understand you are upset at that turnout, but I for one love your quizzes and always attend if humanly possible!!  I am in England as Dad is in hospital or would have definitely attended!!  AND IT IS FREEZING HERE!!  Can understand if you want a break but we could not care less about prizes .... we just like the quiz!!

Offline Firo

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 07:22:57 AM »
The decision had been made prior to last night Calvin and the number of attending just confirmed it and we are not, chucking our teddies over one night, as you say!
The problem has been discussed, as you know, on many occassions recently.
There are a few regulars in the UK, yes , but there are more still here who have voted with their feet and we cannot compete as I stated before. Fact....there are not enough people living here over the winter to hold 2 quizzes back to back !
We have spent nearly 3 years organising the quiz nights and on average it takes 2-3 days out of our life. Well we don't want the worry over attendance anymore and we want our life back.
Thanks Liz and I hope your Dad recovers quickly.

Offline Paul Brock

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 07:39:58 AM »
I think that part of reason for smaller turnout was that you announced that this weeks quiz was only going to have one basic topic - music.
Everyone enjoys your questions but there needs to be balance. I have only been a few times and even at the quiz before 30 points were music related.
We know the money raised goes to a very good cause but people do like to at least think they might do well - who wants to be last?
Please reconsider your decision - you have brought enjoyment to so many people over the years.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 07:44:29 AM by Paul Brock »

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 08:26:40 AM »
Fi, you and Eric have spent nearly 3 years running the quiz.  Lots of money has been raised to help fight the Cement works and  for the local kids, and for that we are grateful  We have enjoyed the quiz nights immensely, -good times, good fun.  I can understand that you now want to 'have your life back'.  Thanks for all you have done.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 08:33:49 AM »
I dont know the set up but from an outside perspective am wondering if theres any way of merging the 2 nights so that the obvious enjoyment of the people who attend continues, you continue the fantastic fundraising and get half your life back by sharing the hard work?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:35:36 AM by kayakebab »

Offline Firo

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 12:30:49 PM »
Thanks Lynne... :-\

Offline saoirse

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 13:06:30 PM »
As a partimer I am not well up in all the social events in the village. Even when we are out there we keep ourselves to ourselves.

However for fund raising, helping anyone they can , and indeed virtually single handedly stopping the ruination of the village by the cement works,  the energy decency and kindness displayed by both Eric and Fi are qualities recognised and appreciated by us all.

Whatever you decide you both deserve tremendous credit and thanks for everything you have did for the village.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf