Author Topic: Excess baggage with TC  (Read 5029 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Excess baggage with TC
« on: January 12, 2011, 09:26:38 AM »
I am sure we are all aware of the exorbitant charges for excess baggage even when prebooked. However there is a facility on line when completing the Advanced passenger Information with TC to book an extra 5 or 10kg
Just used it coming back from the UK when I knew we were going to be overweight. An extra 5kg costs just £7.50!.....compare that with £12 a kilo at the airport ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:23:49 AM »
Good spot!

Offline Linda

Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 16:50:24 PM »
Tribalelder ... Were you given the option to purchase more than 5 kilos extra and was the 5 kilos just to bring your allowance up to the standard 20 kilos?
I have looked on the website FAQ and whilst there is a facility to purchase extra kilos, the cost is more, albeit still cheaper than paying 12 per kilo excess baggage charge i.e. £70 instaed of £120 for an additional 10 kilos ....

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 20:51:28 PM »
Yes there is an option for 5 or 10 Kg....this is on top of the 20Kg standard allowance. The price for 10Kg actually works marginally more expensive per Kilo than for 5kg but it is only marginal. I can't be precise as you can only access the API page with a booking reference which I no longer have as the flight has been completed  You must get this offer via the API site NOT through the normal excess baggage route

Offline Linda

Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 20:58:45 PM »
Thanks very much - I will definately look at doing this via API and will report back on my findings! Thanks very much for the tip off!

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 12:07:58 PM »
Have a look at this.....Don't go through the normal extra baggage route{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}39188

Offline booo

Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 20:35:54 PM »
Thanks for the info re excess baggage, have just booked an extra 5kg for £7.50  :)

Offline Denise40

Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 13:49:15 PM »
Yep just returned with TC with a great 25kg each + 5kg hand luggage, for an extra £15, which meant lots of goodies and the cadbury's chocolate stash!!

Offline tel

Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 16:31:45 PM »
Good to see that someone thanked you Brian (often overlooked).Maybe you will get choccy...well done chum.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 17:21:35 PM »
Yes I must admit that sometimes when I see people ask a question and then can't be arsed to thank any one for the answer it does take the shine off a bit:( So thanks for the thanks :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf