Author Topic: Thomas Cook  (Read 5324 times)

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
Thomas Cook
« on: March 01, 2011, 16:03:22 PM »
Get ready for additional costs being added to your holiday this year Thomas cook have today announced that as from the 1st March all flights and holidays throughout the group booked direct or thru a travel agent throughout 2011 and including winter 2012 will attract an extra fuel surcharge as follows:

£15 per person short haul oneway
£25 per person medium haul oneway
£40 per person long haul oneway

Where the destination such as "Turkey" fits into this I am not sure  

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
Thomas Cook
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 16:08:31 PM »
looks like we have two topics running on the same subject..........can a mod lock one of them, thanks.

Offline daveG

Thomas Cook
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 16:55:52 PM »
Already booked for next Jan/Feb return at inflated prices but this
increase for this current year can only impact on decreasing visitor numbers.Anyone considering bringing a family of four out means an extra £100!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Thomas Cook
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 17:06:20 PM »
£200 actually I think? I assume the surcharge must be per flight so a family of 4 = 8 flights in total - can anyone confirm?

Offline Gilly1

• Gillian Grundy
Thomas Cook
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 17:18:45 PM »
Hi all, does this added cost include flights booked previous to 1st march for 2011 or just new bookings made after 1 st March?

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Thomas Cook
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 17:22:02 PM »
I have been watching fly Thomascook for 2 months now, they really are a bunch of conmen!

They have been putting discounts on flights for months some stating ending xxhours on xday.  
For example
I looked at a flight for May just before they put the SALE on the website it was £85, great I thought, I might just book that; however, when I returned a few hours later the site was flashing SALE £15 off return flights and £7.50 off onway, great another few quid off, but NO the blighters had put the flight price on at £101, less the oneway discount £7.50  the new SALE price = £93.50 £8.50 more expensive than that of the original price.

Moral~ just because it states on the website discount sale, IS IT?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Thomas Cook
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 17:24:56 PM »
Another point is, most other airlines will take the opportunity to follow FTC's lead - so if you are looking at Aegean, Monarch, Thomson, Jet2 etc flights, get em booked!

Offline Chinook

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 17:37:25 PM »
The cynic in me suggests that it isn't to cover the fuel increase, as they will have bought forward, but the losses incurred in Tunisia , Egypt etc.

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
Thomas Cook
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 17:40:37 PM »
Keith, you are probably right regarding the other charter company's I would suspect that they will see what damage/impact the increase will have on TC and then decided to follow just before the holiday season starts, flights with TC for this Christmas are already showing prices LGW/Dalaman in the high £485ish per person plus the fuel surcharges

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
Thomas Cook
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 17:50:33 PM »
Phil, suggest you look at the small print on your contact with the carrier or contact ABTA/ATOL/CAA

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf