Author Topic: Burglary Reported  (Read 9313 times)

Offline goatman

Burglary Reported
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 15:30:40 PM »
As an ex policeman the fact of the matter is the burglaries are happening in order to obtain materialistic possessions. Burglars wouldnt commit the crime otherwise. what we want to do is to try and stop these crimes and that means people sticking together. Myself as well as many others have been burgled so know exactly how it feels. We had our villa turned upside down in the proceess. What i was trying to say in the last post is that the burglars are targeting properties where they will obtain the most gains.

Offline lanky

Burglary Reported
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 17:25:09 PM »
There is no disguising the fact that the overwelming majority of burglaries were on expats properties. It would be in everyones interest, to put an end to all this. I still maintain local help is needed, but how do we get it? As for belongings meaning more to a Turk, i have had to work all my life to get what i have now, so to lose it to a low life burglar, is not what i came here for. Again i would say that to recommence the UCW meetings might be a start.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Burglary Reported
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 17:57:58 PM »
If you fully believe someone is central to these burglaries then - obvious as it sounds - the key is to find the link and this will indicate the culprit. You need to compile a list for people to tick or cross - did they drive when they went into the village, was it always the same restaurant they were at, did they park in the square, did they pass the (whatever) shop, was the part time chef working in the restaurant and just keep going till the answer reveals itself.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Burglary Reported
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 22:23:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

If you fully believe someone is central to these burglaries then - obvious as it sounds - the key is to find the link and this will indicate the culprit. You need to compile a list for people to tick or cross - did they drive when they went into the village, was it always the same restaurant they were at, did they park in the square, did they pass the (whatever) shop, was the part time chef working in the restaurant and just keep going till the answer reveals itself.

I believe that is already being done by the Uzumlu Community Watch.  I don't know if a conclusive pattern is surfacing yet though.

Offline bikerchickblonde

Burglary Reported
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 09:30:37 AM »
It makes me very angry that most Brits here having worked hard all their lives to enable them to retire early have our houses broken into and lose our possessions.   It is pretty irrelevant whether the burglars are English or Turkish, though I can't somehow see any  expats I know climbing into windows!  Whoever the culprits are, someone knows who they are as they must be selling the stolen goods?  Yes - I think a meeting should be held - and only one member of each household need to attend for security reasons. Has anyone been burgled with an active alarm in place?

Offline dinger

Burglary Reported
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 14:17:34 PM »
I am posting this as a committee member of the UCW (Uzumlu Community Watch) and in response to the current threads regarding the recent burglaries in the area.

The UCW was set up over 2 years ago when burglaries in the area were at their peak, averaging almost 20 per month.

The aim of the Community Watch is to provide an e-mail communication facility enabling us to share information regarding burglaries, giving the ‘heads up' that we are aware of break-in activity in the area and reminding members to check their security regularly and remain vigilant.  

As part of the follow up to any reported burglaries, a committee member (ex Police) visits the property concerned to collate any information that can help to build a picture of events and highlight any trends.

Regular meetings are then held with committee members and the Jandarma to try and build a stronger relationship and share information. (This information is held on record and is obviously not suitable to share over a public network or forum)

The Jandarma, although accepting of us having a Community Watch, made it quite clear at one of our initial meetings that our role was not to act as some form of ‘vigilante' group or try to catch the burglars ourselves. We also are not permitted to hold any public meeting without authorisation from the Jandarma and the Mayor and that they are to be in attendance, which in turn restricts what can be said.

All of this of course can only be done if burglaries or attempted break-ins are reported to us.

Neither of the burglaries currently being discussed on this thread have been reported to the UCW and neither of the owner/occupiers of the properties have ever registered with the UCW.  Because of this, no security notifications have been sent out to members advising them of the recent activity.

As a reminder to members, it is important that any incidents are reported via the agreed channels as not everyone uses the Calis Beach Forum.

If you are an owner/occupier of a property in Uzumlu and have not yet registered or you are a member and have forgotten how to contact the UCW  you can e-mail us at uzumlucw@gmail.com or via our website www.uzumlucommunitywatch.com

The Jandarma can be contacted directly from a landline 6655501 or mobile 0252 6655501    

Glenda
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 15:13:41 PM by dinger »

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Burglary Reported
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 13:41:41 PM »
Just an update on the excellent police service in this area.
My friend who was burgled recently went to police yesterday for copy of his police report after an hours wait they said it was still at the court house ,after an hour and half's wait searching amongst dozens of folders some not even in files they found it ,back to police station it had to be copied after an hour they got it 3 1/2 hours not bad ,the thing that amazed him was after being told that they knew about this white corsa plus the reg number which they said they knew nothing about he gave them a copy of the nil bars c.c.t.v.film showing this car plus four Turks who were in it ,they quickly said they were far to busy to look at films what a waste of space they are

Offline loobyloo

Burglary Reported
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 14:31:16 PM »
bars are a great place to be to find out what brits are out of their homes !!!!
is there any description of the four guys from the cctv ? i.e age, clothing etc as my husband got a good look at the two caught in our garden.it does make you wonder if the police would be checking them out if the mayor had been burgled !!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 14:32:11 PM by loobyloo »

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Burglary Reported
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 16:13:40 PM »
Like i said they are caught on camera but as usual they are not all that clear but they could be recognised ,if you had seen them before or knew them .

Offline Sus

Burglary Reported
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 08:17:49 AM »
Well I suppose that is not too bad in the UK you would wait that long for the police to come out that is if they even bothered to turn up.

They would then take the CCTV footage away with them to look at which could take two to three weeks because of the paperwork attached to checking it all.

Well paper work might be a bit more organised in the UK seeing as police that should be out on the street are sat doing paperwork in the back office instead.

Then I suppose the guys who were in the car would sue you with the Human Rights Act for filming them.

Maybe your friend should go with someone from your Community Watch to visit the police, or talk to the Community Watch Team if they have not already done so.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf