Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 6867 times)

Offline ladydiver

Tinnitus
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 19:30:40 PM »
Variable in volume both ears, some days better than others, tension and stress tends to make worse.
Constant loud noise makes my tinnitus worse for several days.
When there is a lot of loud background noise I cannot hear conversations, so tend not to say much when out in company.  People then tend to think that I am not very sociable:(
Kaz :)

Offline busybee

Tinnitus
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 21:16:01 PM »
My sounds like a high pitched tuning fork, when there is other noise like the tv or radio I cant hear it, but when all is quiet it returns with a vengance, it does make me loose concentration at times but just have to get on with it. I also cannot hear well in large groups and feel left out of the conversation but that is my choice as do not want to wear a hearing aid yet.

Offline Dutchie

Tinnitus
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 21:24:14 PM »
I've slept with a radio on for a long time but the last couple of years have fortunately been better.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Tinnitus
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 10:18:12 AM »
Just seen the Doc, I was concerned that the 'volume' seems to have risen significantly in recent weeks, he asked if my hearing had degenerated or if I was suffering dizzy spells, (which is no to both questions) he then looked inside and could see that there is some wax present, he thought that if this is pressing on the ear drum then that could be making the problem worse. So reccomendation is to try some Otex ear drops. I have bought these and going to give them a go, it was funny reading the instructions on the box which states, Do not use Otex if you suffer from Tinnitus !

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Tinnitus
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 10:27:33 AM »
Hope it works. I had a hearing test on Monday and I've now been 'fine tuned' - or at least my aids have  :)

Good luck.

Offline Sus

Tinnitus
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 13:41:26 PM »
I've had this since June after a kitchen cupboard fell of the wall and hit me on the head, making a big gash on my forehead, and it is terrible, have been told it may go away but may take time.

Offline Sus

Tinnitus
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 13:48:08 PM »
And believe me it is nothing to joke about, it really can get to you and makes you feel like screaming at times.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Tinnitus
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 17:09:12 PM »
Sus - it might go away by itself. I hope so for you.

Offline hubblebubble

Tinnitus
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 10:26:37 AM »
its a totally horrendous condition to live with and the only person i know who got cured had an operation which involved dehydrating his brain to shrink it, operating and then rehydrating with obviously a lengthy recovery - fortunately successful but with high odds of deafness.
It surprises me reading this just how many of us suffer with hearing issues  it can make life quite a struggle.

Offline hamilton

Tinnitus
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2011, 12:47:50 PM »
I suffer from tinnitus in both ears, with varying picth. I had read some time ago that zinc supplement can help. I have not tried it myself, but asked my Dr in the UK who knew nothing about it. I have just done a search on the net where there are loads of claims and remedies that involve taking zinc does work.
I will try a supplement to see if the claimsa are correct.
When I first came to Turkey I was suffering with positional vertigo (which is far worse than tinnitus) several Dr's I consulted told me there is no cure. They were wrong there is a cure which involves no medical treatment. The point is Dr's are not always right, maybe the zinc supplement might be the answer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf