Author Topic: Landline phone scam.  (Read 2171 times)

Offline minimoo

Landline phone scam.
« on: December 28, 2011, 18:59:52 PM »
Recently some friends of mine in Hisaronu went to pay their phone bill at the post office, to be told that their bill was over 2000TL. On hearing this, they visited Turk Telecom to ask for an itemised bill. On receipt of this they saw that, over the space of approx 36 hours, around 70 phone calls had been made to various numbers in Zimbabwe (sp) mostly mobiles, but a couple to landlines. Each call lasted for the same amount of time, and was the same cost. The biggest gap between any of the calls was around 2 hours. Now my friends know that they have not made these calls, and no one else has had access to their property, so they asked Turk Telecom to look into the matter. T T sent out someone who checked their phone and their line, and he said there is no problem, and TT have now said that the bill stands and must be paid.
We know that these kinds of scams occur in the UK, but we were wondering if anyone else has come accross this problem here in Turkey? They have been told that if they try to fight this in court, their defense will cost a lot more than the 2000TL for the bill. Surly this can not be the first case of this kind here? Can anyone offer any advice?

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
Landline phone scam.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 00:42:28 AM »
If it was me I would fight it.

Offline Libra

Landline phone scam.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 09:43:55 AM »
Such things happened earlier when there was no ADSL and internet connections were dial-up. Some downloaded programs caused unwanted phonecalls.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf