Author Topic: Sky TV  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Peterhousby

Sky TV
« on: May 18, 2005, 18:45:47 PM »
Does anyone actually have sky tv. Can you buy sky satalite receivers and can you get hold of sky cards(legaly or illegaly). I know from other info on the forum you need a dish the size of a whale but I can overcome that.

Peter

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Sky TV
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 22:17:04 PM »
Peter, I have found these sites for expats to obtain skycards, not sure how they work or about the dish etc.. but try this.

http://magic-cam-matrix-cam.no-ip.com/sky/

http://skycards.net/DHL_TRACKING.php

http://www.skycards.uk.net/value-pack.htm

It would be interesting to know how you get on.

Offline Talk Turkey

Sky TV
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 07:46:24 AM »
Peter there has been a lot of previous discussions about SKY TV throughout the CBF. If you run a search you should be able to find out a lot more. It is my understanding from researching the subject via the CBF (Try a search on any of SKY TV' 'Digital' 'Satellite') that you can get SKY TV BUT you need a massive satellite dish to so! Next Monday I'm having Turkish digital TV installed which I believe does have some English programme content. If you wish I shall let you know what that service is like on my return?  8)

Offline Peterhousby

Sky TV
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 08:13:04 AM »
Thanks Lorraine - I have looked at these websites but they charge a similar annual fee as here in England plus £120.00 per year administration charges. I was hoping to be able to pick up a card in Turkey which will get me all the free chanels such as BBC1 and ITV1 etc. for a one off payment.

I have been told that the Turkey package only supplies obscure channels with the likes of BBC World.

I am buying a villa on Seaside from Hanel House and I have a clause in the contract which states that Hanel will supply me with a dish capable of supplying SKY TV which they are going to put in the garden at the side of the property.I am coming over on the 3rd June and I will bring my digibox and Sky card from home to test it out.

Meanwhile does anyone know if I can get a card for a one off payment with no monthly payments.

Peter

« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 08:14:40 AM by Peterhousby »

Offline BabaYard

Sky TV
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 17:17:24 PM »
I use UFUK Elektronik for Turkish satelite. They may also be able to help with SKY, worth asking? They supplied reciever and dish plus chipped card for a one off payment. The box needs to be updated each year for about £20 quid. The guys in Erin Spot have the contact details. I would post them here myself, but I have left the business card on the fridge in our villa and I'm stuck here in the UK :(

Offline Peterhousby

Sky TV
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 06:48:04 AM »
Come on you expats. Where do I get a sky card - Peter

Offline braveheart

Sky TV
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 17:55:09 PM »
Peter
When you find all the answers - let's have a drink and discuss your thoughts and the way forward (expenses can be discussed) - continue the good work - someone has to be the pioneer

looking forward to seeing/meeting all the guys living (or whatever) within our complex

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Sky TV
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 18:38:11 PM »
I knew I'd seen this somewhere - just found it. Should give you all free channels on sky incl. all the BBC ones. May be the answer for all of us. Can anyone else comment on this - I think I heard a few months ago that this was a new srvice. Obviously sky doesn't want you to know about this.

Now can you get a sky box in Turkey or do you have to buy one here? We haven't got sky & don't want to get into a years contract here as we hopefully we be living in Turkey well before year is up.

For ITV, Channel Four, and Channel Five, a Freesat Card will be required..The cost of this 3 year Card card is just £20.00 and it is easily obtainable by calling 0870 850 0033 and asking for a Freesat Card to be sent to any UK address..
You will also need to give a UK Telephone Number....Do NOT mention that you are ANYWHERE ABROAD !.......This card will automatically activate upon insertion into the Card Slot of your SKY Receiver.

Crabbit - I think I deserve an award for being a mine of useful & useless information for finding this. Maybe I spend too much time online?

Linda

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Sky TV
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 18:39:33 PM »
PS - you all owe me a drink now
Linda
Hubby says he wants one too

Offline Linda

Sky TV
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 09:09:44 AM »
I'm afraid I'm a little ignorant on the subject of Sky Boxes but wondered if anyone could help?

A friend of mine in Turkey has asked friends to bring a box from the UK.  This has been done i.e. someone with Sky already has purchased an additional box.  However, he had a problem with the installation of the new box and had to contact Sky.  They told him the following, which has paniced him:

A technician at the fault line contact asked my fiend to carry out some fault finding checks and was told that these boxes send messages back to the mainframe at night to confirm they are still connected if they show they aren't they generate a breach of contract letter

My friend is panicing now as he thinks it carries a hefty fine?

If anyone with any experience of this can help, it would be much appreciated.

Linda :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf