Author Topic: Sky TV  (Read 3596 times)

Offline BabaYard

Sky TV
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 09:55:31 AM »
Hi Linda. I also have two Sky boxes, this is quite common as Sky offer a discounted rate if you keep the second box when upgrading to Sky + Yes your friend is right, the boxe(s) need to be connected to the phone line(s) and they do dial the Sky Mainframe. I recieved a breech of contract letter as my second box was not connected. This letter is auto generated. Sky do give you a month to reconnect the line. How this affects bringing your reciever abroad.. No idear. Perhaps this is exactly the reason they do it?

Offline Peterhousby

Sky TV
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 12:45:24 PM »
I have a sky box in the uk which has never been connected to a telephone line. I wonder if it is when you upgrade to Sky+ the rule is applied because I have never had a letter regarding breach of contract - Peter

Offline BabaYard

Sky TV
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 16:34:57 PM »
Peter, yes it must be just a SKY + thing as I did not recieve a letter previously nor did I always have the single box connected to a phone line. The fine is having to pay the entire subscription fee rather than the discounted rate (discounded upgrade to sky + if you agree to run both boxes) This may be Sky's way of stopping people taking the reciever and card out of the UK..

Offline lmaddy

Sky TV
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2005, 17:22:49 PM »
Peter,

All i will say is I have seen the size of yours!!!
And it's the biggest I have ever seen.
When you get back from your visit you will know what I mean.

Let's just say you I think with that size you can pick up anything you want.

Larry and I thought you must be something to do with MI5.

Lorraine

Offline Peterhousby

Sky TV
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 15:25:53 PM »
Yes your right!! I did not realise I had such a big one until I pulled around the corner on arrival. I thought B****y H**l!!!! (referring to the sky dish of course). The good news is I got all the sky programmes. The bad news is I couldn't get ITV or BBC.(no corry for Nina) - I took my Sky receiver and card with me this time but I am still looking for a way of getting permanent Sky over there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf