Author Topic: E-Visa's to become Compulsory for Visitors  (Read 9852 times)

Offline jackstee

Re: E-Visa's to become Compulsory for Visitors
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 10:14:27 AM »
Just a thought.
If your in Turkey and comming to the end of your 90/180.
What is to stop you getting a new one online to start on your last/first day and then just going down to passport police. ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 10:21:49 AM »
The passport police  :)

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 10:51:46 AM »
So, in June, the article said that E-Visas would become compulsory in 3-4 months - has this happened?  We are due to fly out in a couple of weeks, should I buy our visas before we arrive in Turkey, or are they still available at the usual desk?  :)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 14:28:52 PM »
Sounds and smells, like bull****e to me, we arrived 02.00 hours on the 1st of September, and paid the requisite sum of £10.oo each for new visas, even though we still had time existing on the ones we had bought on 12th April. No problems whatsoever. "If you believe all you read, you will eat all you see". (Old Scottish proverb). Enjoy your holiday.   ;) 8)

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 22:15:50 PM »
Thanks Gordon   :)  .  Such intelligence for a 9 year old (foul language though for a child   :)    :)    :) )

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2013, 10:39:20 AM »
I am trying all ways to be able to (hopefully) have the time I want to spend in Turkey in 2014 without having to go down the residency route, on the 180/90 day visa this is not going to be possible...Now does anyone know if it would be "all above aboard" to purchase an e'visa online say two months before I actually want to go have some time in Turkey say two months on that visa let that one expire and then purchase another one online so I can again have say the last two months of the season....
Many thanks for any help with this   :)

Offline Marggie

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013, 15:12:34 PM »
Hi Karen, before they changed the way they are calculating the 90/180 days in October, I thought this would be possible.  However, as they now calculate the 180 days from the date you depart it will not be possible.  You must have a valid visa but the start and end dates seem to be irrelevant as it is now a rolling 180 days.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2013, 15:51:50 PM »
Ah for goodness sake I thought I had come up with the perfect solution this morning now you can purchase a visa online, it would not have been possible to do  before the online visa became available... would you mind explaining the 180 rolling days part to me Marggie as you have been brilliant explaining it all to me so far  :) thank you...

Offline yakamoz

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2013, 17:53:02 PM »
Yes that would help me too - it is becoming very confusing. Many thanks.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2013, 10:23:28 AM »
Hi Karen and Yakamoz, I will try and explain.   

Here goes:

For the purposes of this hypothetical example, I have calculated as if this is your very first Visa.

You enter Turkey on 1 April 2014 on a 90/180 day visa - valid until 27 September 2014.

On your first visit you stay 21 days.
You come in again on 28 August and stay 28 days.
No problem here you have been in Turkey for a total of 49 days prior to your date of departure.

You enter Turkey again on 1 October on a new 90/180 day visa and stay for 90 days departing on 29 December 2014.
Here is where your problem will arise.  Passport control will count back 180 days from 29 December 2014 which takes you back to 3 July 2014.

You have been in Turkey for 90 days on this visit and 28 days from 28 August, a total of 118 days in the last 180.  Therefore you have exceeded the 90 dayrule by 28 days.

Hope this has helped.  Here is also a brilliant link from Kalkan News which I think explains things clearly

http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/component/content/article/67-residency-and-visas/319528-obtaining-a-visa-to-enter-turkey-as-a-visitor?directory=53

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 11:08:41 AM by Marggie »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf