Author Topic: You cant touch me I am part of the Union  (Read 5393 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Re: You cant touch me I am part of the Union
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2013, 10:41:43 AM »
Go Colwyn!  :)

Its time for a return to a more caring Society and perhaps joining a Union is more important than joining a party!

I actually welcome the Labour Party separating from the Unions, it should be a separate issue as Politics is about running the Country and the Union should be about working conditions, fair play and the prevention of exploitation where government fails to do so.

The Worsley Popular Front

Offline scorcher

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2013, 11:41:33 AM »
Interesting stuff. And what lessons should we learn after the Grangemouth affair ?

Offline peter16

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2013, 21:02:08 PM »
Colwyn, your post was very thoughtfully presented and an accurate statement of the state of UK industrial relations and the greed of senior management/executives.                                Johntaylor49, your original post was both painfully truthful concerning management practices and wistfully hopeful that something could be done about them before their greed ruins what is left of our industry and country.                                                                                                   Scorcher, the lesson we could learn from Grangemouth is that none of our essential industries or services should be in private ownership, this is particularly relevant when you consider the naked greed which has shown it's self in the gas/electric industries these past few days.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 00:58:51 AM »
New Labour had 13 years virtually unapposed   to radically change the UK for the better, aided by a booming economy. 

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 12:29:47 PM »
The trouble is JT, the 'Union's' became part of the 'Problem' they were originally formed to defend workers against the many injustices, long hours, very poor pay, few if any holidays etc....  Power Corrupts, Union 'bosses' now have similar lifestyles, commensuration & perks (if not more!) than our MP's!

It's a similar situation with the big Charities, those at the top are drawing massive salary's, expenses & perks, at the 'expense' of those they are supposed to be raising money to help :(

IMO, all European governments are working towards a 'Supreme United Europe'.  The richest countries in the EU implemented the free passage of migrants (can't remember what guise that came under) but, the ultimate Game is to level out Pay & working conditions.  The UK along with other richer countries achieved better, pay & conditions, housing, healthcare, Education, human rights etc, etc, it is/was costing the Power-Brokers too much (or more than they want to pay - profit margins is all they are interested in!).

If you throw hundreds of thousands of poorly paid people's into a, relatively, rich environment it generates competition, undercutting etc etc, the end result - Cheaper Labour, Less Rights etc, etc :(.  It creates the illusion that there's Less to go around, people panic, fight & become very defensive of 'their patch', ultimately because of the fear that is generated people expect Less for fear of having Nothing.

It's all a big dirty game, the chinless wonders that are supposed to be defending us, our values, our cultures & what our forefathers fought for are selling us down the river.

The REAL power house & meetings are still taking place, for a start I'd like to see All UK officials either Banned from participating or the details of what's actually discussed at the Annual Biderberg Meeting, published!, No notes are taken, nothing is recorded, just a 'Gentleman's' agreement :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group

PS: I've just your post Colwyn, well said   :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 13:25:18 PM by cef »

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2013, 15:14:09 PM »
What do we do? Revolution?? well why not?

JT

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2013, 10:14:58 AM »
im calling a ten minute strike, whilst i make a lemsip

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2013, 13:36:24 PM »
Hope you are not working and traveling whilst sick, not helpful to infect people!  :)

Oh, unless you are a politician or a Banker, in which case make sure you drive to work and sit in a crowded area

Trotsky

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf