Author Topic: NHS Reforms could invalidate SGK  (Read 5545 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: NHS Reforms could invalidate SGK
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 18:08:09 PM »
So if I tell SGK that I worked on oil rigs and never paid 7 years of N.I contributions, I guess as long as I keep paying my monthly contributions I will remain in SGK?

Maybe - who knows? But they might ask all ex-pats to provide a leter from the NHS stating that they do not qualify for NHS treatment in the UK. Just imagine though - if you didn't tell them the truth, got ill and had a major operation and they then do some digging with the NHS - you could end up with one heafty bill. Not saying that could happen but then again I'm not saying it couldn't. Would I take the risk? No I don't think I would in all honesty.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 19:47:59 PM »
Stoop, this is Turkey. Last week after reading the new SGK law, the Fethiye Pro Consul said he couldn't make head nor tail of it, he then went on to say that the staff in the SGK office were also unclear on the detail. They are sending out letters offering people the option of opting out of SGK but are not sure if that is actually possible.

I won't loose sleep at the thought of them trying to establish my NI Contributions via the NHS and neither do I believe that the NHS have the time, inclination and ability to provide such info.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 21:28:10 PM »

Offline quackers

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 07:05:39 AM »
I sent back our Nat Ins cards wıth a coverıng letter to state we were emıgratıng to Turkey . I do not want to be covered ın the UK. We took out Bagkur/SGK here nearly 5 years ago and ıt works for us. We knew we would need medıcal ınsurance here and were prepared to pay for ıt.I was at Esnaf yesterday and had 1 CT scan 1 bone densıty scan saw 3 dıfferent consulatants had 1 ınjectıon ,1 ınfusion drip and 4 lots of medıcatıon cost 208tl using my ınsurance. In UK I would be waıtıng months to see a consultant ıf I could get referred.. Here done and dusted ın 1 day. Worth every penny because you never know. If I ever go back on a visit to Uk and need treatment and have to pay I wıll.So I dont thınk the proposed changes will affect us.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 14:53:38 PM »

Offline quackers

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 15:34:54 PM »
Maybe thıs ıs for tourısts who have medıcal ınsurance. Not for us resıdents or Turkısh wıth SGK. Doesn't the SGK offıce rule on all matters relatıng medıcal fees.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 23:45:44 PM »
Hopefully but still a massive increase sanctioned by SGK.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf