Author Topic: Meydan Restaurant  (Read 2953 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Meydan Restaurant
« on: November 16, 2013, 16:07:38 PM »
We had dinner last night at the Meydan. The service was very good and the setting is pleasant. The decor was also pleasing.

I had stuffed sea bass and it was excellent. SWMBO had seafood risotto which  could have done with more fish in. With drinks and coffee it came to 64 Lita which was good value for money.

I was very surprised to see a couple of locals smoking in the restaurant. It did not affect us as they were well away from us.

DonM
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 17:02:55 PM by DonM »

Offline George Warner

Re: Meydan Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »
Don,whether the smoking affected you or not it was/is illegal.

Offline Blindside

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 08:56:01 AM »
Stumbled across this place last night as we fancied somewhere different.

We went here as a last resort really as from the Calis water taxi, we'd walked up to the Rhodes ferry area, back through the market bit and then all the way down the other way around the harbour.

With 3 young kids we needed to find somewhere quickly before they lost the will to live and this looked to have a few locals in.

It's right by the large sinking boat in Fethiye harbour which is on your left as you are coming on the water taxi from Calis. It doesn't look much with a blue and white decor and calls itself a cafe and restaurant.

Well, we were really pleasantly surprised. Really, very good food at the usual prices all served with a higher level of finesse than we'd had anywhere else. The waiter seemed like a decent guy and was very friendly and professional and the service was very good.

The menu is a bit of an eclectic mix but everything that we had was very good. They serve a mean mojito too.

Definitely recommended as somewhere to try for a change as it isn't mentioned on here at all. This thread is from 2 years ago.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 15:04:36 PM »
I'm pleased to hear the Meydan is still on the go. It went through a very bad spell last winter and was only open during the daytime. It was also up for sale. We had some good times there and the staff were very friendly.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 20:08:40 PM »
Im not too sure where the sinking boat is ( how long has it been sinking for!) is the restsurant/ cafe along the harbour? Thanks in advance  :)

Offline Blindside

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 21:02:18 PM »
It's been sinking for about 2 metres looking at it  :)

Get off the water taxi at Fethiye and turn left, keep waking around the harbour wall which bends left and still walking next to the boats the restaurant is obvious about 100/200 yds down.

It is 10 yds from the harbour wall and backs onto a large square with some statues and am obelisk I think.

The sinking boat is obvious too as it's massive with 2 large masts sticking out of the water at a funny angle.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 21:11:43 PM »
Ok thank you very much Blindside we are looking to try some new places in Fethiye   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf