Author Topic: Going back to Uk  (Read 2814 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Going back to Uk
« on: March 17, 2014, 19:38:05 PM »

New Grandgirl due on 21st March, and splashed out on a 12.97 single tcook one way with no luggage on 31st.
However, how long can I stop away with my 3 year residency between trips now. I still have my 21st january stamp in my passport from Antalya airport. So do I show residency book there and back?
 It,s my intention to only stay until about 15-19th of April if all is well with mother and child.
How long could I stay  if I wanted to go back in the future, ( winter perhaps!) without compromising my residency.

Thank you good people  ;D

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: Going back to Uk
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 19:55:11 PM »
If your talking about compromising the 8 year rule, then it's six months in any single year. If your not bothered about the 8 year rules then there is no limit on how long you can stay away.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 19:57:25 PM »
At the moment you can come and go pretty much as you please on your three year resident permit. It only really affects you if you are planning on applying for citizenship at some point. At the moment you can only be out of Turkey for less than a total of six months in any five years to avoid it affecting a citizenship application.

However the proposed rules w/e from April indicate that there is a change once you have one of the new annual resident permits. Being out of the country for more than six months might affect the validity of an annual resident permit issued once the new system is in place as I understand it.

We are waiting to see if these changes will actually go into affect in April or if there will be a delay or even some changes to what we already know.

Have a great trip back home with the new baby and see you when you get back if not before   :)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 20:03:50 PM »
Thanks Rimms and  nichola. Called in a couple of times, keep missing you. Please don,t taste anything without me !

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 21:05:27 PM »
Sorry I've missed you Bernie, next month I'm sure we will get the chance to catch up... There's always next year for our taster day    :)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 13:20:57 PM »
I've not going got round to arranging to meet up with Nichola yet either, Bernie - maybe we need to sort out another of our refined ladies' gatherings....oh hang on a minute, Aisha will be coming. Scrap the 'refined ladies' bit.  ;D

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 14:23:39 PM »
Please arrange something and let me know - I'm here unless I'm away   :)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 16:32:56 PM »
Too funny Bex..whenever..i,ll not refuse mosaic bahce food on any day..err and you are already in trouble, electric man indeed.. ;D  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf