Author Topic: Pound Shop  (Read 5360 times)

Offline farmer

Pound Shop
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2005, 11:08:36 AM »
I can add that the Gunlukbasi shop is always adding to its stock - so whilst there is always something new to look at there is also getting less and less room inside. It is now a bit of an alladdin's Cave!
I did manage a quick trip round the aisles only yesterdayş and trip was the operative word. The staff have always been most helpfull but I will agree that some of the very youngest ones ( schoolkids on holiday? ) can appear a bit pushy.
Good luck to the owner though and I will continue to do the odd spot of shopping in this " neighbourhood store "
Regards
Farmer

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Pound Shop
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2005, 18:32:52 PM »
greetings farmer nice to see you online

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Pound Shop
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2005, 21:42:12 PM »
I am looking for a big Cheap supermarket. When in Kefalonia recently we used a supermarket there that was the equivalent to Aldi - dead cheap.  You could get a good bottle of wine for 1.5 euros.  I was shocked in Ovacik last week when I was charged £4 for a litre of milk and 2 litre bottle of water.  and the bottles of wine were priced at 12 tl!!! I was shocked! Now I have bought out here, I want to know how I can stock up our villa without it using up all of my holiday money.Any tips guys???

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
Pound Shop
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2005, 20:14:43 PM »
Did you pay your £4 for goods or walk out of the shop, the most you should have paid was 3ytl, untill we start saying no to these prices we are going to be seen as rich Brits who dont care how much they pay.
Go to Migros and check how expensive things can be, then go to a place like Genpa or Bim and pay Turkish prices.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf