Author Topic: Lloyds Bank - excellent service  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Lloyds Bank - excellent service
« on: April 05, 2014, 08:53:02 AM »
Just got back from a trolley dash / catch up with friends visit to the UK. Before I left, I suspected that my Lloyds debit card had been cloned, but had been unable to get through the security questions on the phone, so decided to tackle it in person. I've never bothered with internet banking on that account, as it is basically used for my pension to be paid in, most of which is my "shopping money" when I'm in the UK

My first port of call, on arrival, was my branch of Lloyds, where I pulled off a mini statement from the ATM. Sure enough, there was a lot less than there should have been. I went to the enquiries desk & explained to the lady, Amanda, what had happened. She pulled off a full statement, which ran to 44 pages from January & passed it to me to mark the genuine transactions - 4 credits & 2 debits - & called the fraud dept. The chap in fraud spent around 20 mins adding all the dodgy transactions & checking his figure. In the meantime, Amanda updated my information, as the letter I had sent, on leaving the UK, changing my address, had not been picked up, hence the reason for not getting through the security questions.

By the time that call ended, the money was back in my account & a block put on any bank charges, as it had gone slightly above my overdraft limit. Amanda authorised the teller to pay me cash from the account & within no more than an hour, off I went with a purse full of cash to hit the shops  :) She also gave me the hard copy of the statement, to take away & verify the figure. Virtually every amount was below £10, which is why alarm bells hadn't rung at Lloyds & on some days, in excess of 40 x exactly the same amount.

I'm pretty sure that the cloning was as a result of using A2B Transfers, whose system was hacked sometime last year. As some time had passed, I really thought I was one of the lucky ones, but it would appear not.

Offline Bluwise

Re: Lloyds Bank - excellent service
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 09:55:10 AM »
That's excellent news and service Liz - hope the shopping went well after all that!

Offline Menthol

Re: Lloyds Bank - excellent service
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 11:43:19 AM »
A bank actually doing their job. Well, well, well. Wonders will never cease.

Glad it was sorted, Liz.  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf