Author Topic: inauspicious arriv arrival last night  (Read 5532 times)

Offline angela

inauspicious arriv arrival last night
« on: April 20, 2014, 18:09:11 PM »
We arrived late last night, great flight, and the quickest ever transfer. The bus pulled up at the door of the Dogus hotel and oh dear, they had the builders in, and apparently wont be open for another two weeks. Fantastic communication on the part of Sunshine holidays.!! The poor bus driver, I felt really sorry for him, but after several dozen phone calls we have ended up in the Poseiden Club Hotel in Ovacik. Now we've slept on it we are just going to roll with it, but so very very annoyed last night!!

Offline Bluwise

Re: inauspicious arriv arrival last night
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 19:14:48 PM »
That's ridiculous Angela - call themselves a business - how could they not know?
I can only imagine how you felt last night.  Glad you're OK now though.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 19:22:40 PM »
That's ridiculous Angela - call themselves a business - how could they not know?

Probably because , being Turkish, Dogus Hotel failed to keep Sunshine Holidays appraised of the usual Turkish nonsense of waiting until you have guests on your doorstep, then get the builders in. I should imagine that once Sunshine get a letter of complaint from Angela, Dogus will be very swiftly dropped from their schedule , Insallah !!

Offline angela

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 19:40:57 PM »
Sunshine just blame the 'local agents' and wash their hands. Not complaining though -  the replacement hotel is a huge upgrade (for free !)

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 20:22:19 PM »
It's becoming more and more risky to book through these companies, although, I have used them for years without any problems.  The increasing number of companies going into administration or mucking up bookings is making it less reliable.  I've had my booking  via Travel Republic passed to On Holiday Group, then when they went bust, it was transferred to eurohotels.com who went bust two days ago.  Now TR say I can have my room but the thrird supplier wants an extra £120 for the same booking.  DOH!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 20:45:22 PM »
Hotels locally will let companies like TR and Sunshine down if they can let the rooms themselves - making more money than the measly price the large guys will pay. I've personally used TR & Sunshine plenty of times and never had an issue. More recently I try to book direct with the hotel - the price should be good and the hotel make more. Never had a problem that way either.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 12:24:15 PM »
How awful for you to have that aggro after your journey. Im glad that you have an even better hotel but as Gordon and others have said- typical of local hoteliers- they havent got a clue!
We use sunshine all the time and to date havent had a problem but it only needs one experience like yours to put you off!

Offline engineerdave

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 22:15:26 PM »
I would be going berserk if that happened to me. Its a made for tv situation. I never deal with with travel operators myself. Always go straight to the hotel I want to book with and arrange my own flights. Not for everyone I know as lots want the package holiday.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 13:19:41 PM »
Funnily enough we had walked past the Dogus a few days before you posted and we both commented on how with all the work going on that they looked like they would not be ready for the start of the season, never even entered our heads that someone could be booked to stay there....

Offline angela

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 13:06:40 PM »
Well,  looking back now with hindsight it worked out ok. We were put up in the Poseidon Club Hotel, just up from the Diana.
They were not strictly ready for us, and we were pretty much the only guests for the whole 2 weeks.
The staff were really lovely, and our room had a lovely outlook over the mountains, and was very clean.
The pool (not that I would have swum, too cold) was just green sludge so not very pretty to look at, and of course there was no bar.
Breakfast was a problem, as there was only the two of us, you got what you were given on a plate. Somedays there was no butter, somedays there was no pink spam (yay), somedays there was no jam, but there were always six olives on the plate!
We love Turkey so much we were just happy to be there, but Sunshine are now on the case investigating why it happened, but not holding my breath.
Watch this space

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf