Author Topic: beware gareanti bank - its your fault when staff make a mıstakeı  (Read 7387 times)

Offline stew

went into bank 4 weeks ago to draw out intrest gained on 10,000 lıra sınce last october to be told there was no interest as the member of staff had put ıt ın a daily account that gives no ıntrest . IAM SO ANGRY  we told the assistant downstaırs after speakıng wıth the staff upstairs that we wanted a savıngs account at the oppenıng rate of 9.2. She saıd that the intrest rate wasnt that it was lower  myself and my husband seem to remember 7,somethıng so we went back upstaires again spoke to a nıce man who spoke perfect englısh he wrote down the rate of 9.2 with his name for us to take to her. (his name started wıth  Ai dont have the şlip of paper with me at the moment fortunatally i kept ıt as ıt ıs on one of theır prınted slips)  after waıtıng anouther hour and half and the wıll to lıve ıın the que  (ıt was very busy as the banks had just opened after eıd but we had no choıe but to go that day as we were flyıng home the next day) she stıll said the rate was lower so we got her to phone the gentleman after which she agreed that the rate was 9.2, i have been waiting 3 weeks for head office to sort it . but they have deceided that IT IS MY AND MY HUSBANDS FAULT FOR NOT CHECKING . HOW many times do you have to tell someone what you want. i admıt that i didnt read the paperwork as i dont read turkish ( ı dont know how many englısh would be able to read and fully understand all the sheets of paper they make you sıgn. WE HAVE LOST HUNDREDS OF POUNDS   WHY WOULD YOU CHANGE MONEY TO PUT IT A DAiLY ACCOUNT WHEN YOU DONT LIVE iN TURKEY?!!!. YOU MAY AS WELL HAVE PUT IT UNDER THE MATTRESS the gentleman who wrote the rate for her at the bank says he ıs still trying to solve ıt but each week goes by i am loosıng more money and hope. i have thought about changing the account  or shuttıng it and puttıng my money elsewhere but am afraid ıt wıll then be  forgotten about,i know ı should be able to speak more turkısh but she saıd she spoke englısh . LOOKS LIKE GARANTIS MOTTO  IS CUSTOMERS HAVE TO PAY FOR STAFF  NOT BEING ABLE TO DO THEIR JOB RIGHT. 
SORRY IF I RAMMBLED BUT AM SO CROSS
mrs stew

Offline stew

Re: beware gareanti bank - its your fault when staff make a mıstakeı
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 15:49:21 PM »
please help wıth any suggestions
mrs stew

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 16:15:29 PM »
Suggestion: Change banks.  Open time deposit account(s).  Problem solved.

Never been keen on Garanti Bank myself, and don't expect a quick or beneficial resolution.

JF

Offline tails77

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 16:32:57 PM »
Definitely change banks. We were with the Garanti and as time went on, we found aspects of banking with them frustrating.  Only upon closing the account did they offer to give us  a named person to deal with.

Offline stew

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 17:49:27 PM »
I'm going to change banks but am worried if I do it immediately garantie will think problem solved and I have lost my money
Mrs stew

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 17:58:31 PM »
I have to say that I have heard this tale several times in the past - and every time the bank was Finans, not Garanti. I'm sure that is not help to you but it does show it is not uncommon. I have no idea how it can happen, as you say - it's obvious you are depositing to make a bit of interest.

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 18:21:39 PM »
Sometimes it's best to have internet banking. You can translate to English through Google and check every month.
We left electric on after leaving and spotted it a month later. Got a neighbour to turn it off at the mains for us.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 21:32:46 PM »
This happened to us a few years back and our account was with Finas, we did not have a lot in there but had been under the impression when we opened it it was an account that would acue interest, I decided to get my neighbour to look at the account card as I kept seeing the word "hesap" and knew that was bill, turned out we ended up worse off then when we started out...
Sorry to hear this though as it does leave a nasty taste in your mouth...   

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 00:27:19 AM »
You say you have lost " Hundreds of pounds ", on 10.000 Lirasi over a period of approx. 8 months ?? Either my mathematics is totally " out of whack ", or you are totally delusional. I am at a loss to understand how 9.2 % interest on an amount as insignificant as 10,000 lirasi , ( £2857.14285714 exactly at todays rate ), can accrue that amount of interest over such a short period, never mind the deduction of tax from the interest ?? Are you certain that you have not missed a couple of noughts from your original posting ??

Offline stew

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 10:42:42 AM »
Thank you for pointing out my typo don't think it was necessary to call me delusional I obviously ment lira (I was typing from a computer at  bar and lost it 4 times when I was  nearly done i also lost the will to live) but it still is not an amount anyone would like to loose

Mrs stew

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf