Author Topic: Direct debit with Sekerbank  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Schofield

Direct debit with Sekerbank
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:23:34 AM »
I have a direct debit set up with Sekerbank to pay for my electricity bills. I went to the bank in April to check that the DD was still in place as some of the bills had not been paid. I've just checked with Aydem on line & discovered that my latest bill had not been paid, even though there is more than enough money in the bank to cover it. I can't understand why the DD has stopped working again. Has anyone else had the same problem? How long does it take for a bank to pay for the electricity bill?
Many thanks.
Janine

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Direct debit with Sekerbank
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 12:32:51 PM »
As I understand it the banks pay the bills on the last date they are due. Maybe that is why. If the bill is past its last due date then contact the bank. I have always found Özge with her excellent English to be very efficient.

ozge.karaoren@sekerbank.com.tr

The other thing is that you always have to pay the first bill after you set up the direct debit; after that it should not be a problem but I think that sometimes its not clear to people and having set up the DD assume that it is all taken care of from that point.

Offline Schofield

Re: Direct debit with Sekerbank
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 13:15:17 PM »
Many thanks, Nicola.
The due date is 01/09 so may be that's why. When I checked my account with Aydem in July I had no outstanding debt.
Many thanks for Ozge's email address. I'll get in touch with her. I think that she is the very pleasant & efficient young lady who dealt with my DD in April.
Janine

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf