Author Topic: Air Con Occupancy Sensors  (Read 5902 times)

Offline Phil

Air Con Occupancy Sensors
« on: September 02, 2014, 12:27:20 PM »
If you want to annoy me then rent my villa, turn on all the air cons as soon as you get there and then go on a jeep safari all day.

Has any one fitted and used any of the products offered here http://www.ecosense.uk.com/?gclid=CMujr7y1wsACFazItAodYlkA2g

They might help to keep my blood pressure down.

Offline scorcher

Re: Air Con Occupancy Sensors
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 13:25:18 PM »
I've thought about these Phil but reckon that it's another piece of kit to go wrong. I have experienced this kind of thoughtless behaviour so it may be of interest to know that the A/C zappers work very nicely through glass from the outside. I'm fortunate in having someone to spot inconsiderate guests who leave all the units chuntering at full blast and he has a spare zapper to de-activate the conditioners !

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 13:53:05 PM »
Just take a £200 AC deposit Phil, and clearly state that checks are made and if the AC is on while the villa is unoccupied, bye bye £200.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 14:01:21 PM »
When we thought we were going to rent out our Villa. We had one of those devices fitted whereby your house key is locked into a plastic disc that you have to put in to have the electric on and when you take it out the electric goes off. A bit like the cards you get in hotels.   
We still have it, but of course, never used it.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 14:06:49 PM »
We have tried the plastic on house key system but you end up with chopped off keys !

Offline cenk

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 14:26:36 PM »
There are timers that will not let you to set for more than 2 hours. They may help a bit.

Offline strange

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 14:55:17 PM »
Scorcher, if my keys come back unattcahed to the electricity fob then the guests don't get their security deposit back.

Offline 1jools

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 15:28:38 PM »
Hi, I've got timers attached to my aircon and the maximum time they can be left is 2 hours, they do work well - made by Horstmann and sold by Screwfix - about £27 each - certainly worth the investment.  Hope this helps

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 15:33:44 PM »
Not when you wake up at 2am in an horrendous lather they don't!  It soon heats up once the air-con is off so I would be really irritated having to wake and switch back on all through the night  >:(  Quite agree that to have it pumping out when you aren't even indoors is a selfish act but a timer wouldn't be good either.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 16:41:47 PM »
We rarely rent but when we do have never had a problem with our fob - which is welded to the key ring.

Why not just charge for electricity? Get someone to take readings before and after. That will make them think!

We have same system at our timeshare in Portugal. Makes us a bit more careful tbh.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf