Author Topic: Kayakoy as a holiday base  (Read 7186 times)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
Re: Kayakoy as a holiday base
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 16:48:07 PM »
No problem Rachel.
The other good thing about Kaya is that even in the height of summer there is generally a nice breeze that takes the worst of the heat off - Fethiye is such a sweatbox, I've avoided it as much as possible since early July!!

Offline flightyrachel

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 19:37:34 PM »
I'm bumping my post, as, goodness me, the summer is nearly upon us! We did indeed book the villa behind the Izela, and now I am all ears to hear your top tips for a hol in Kayakoy! We are all so excited to be returning to lovely Turkey, and we are ignoring all the doom merchants who tell us we'll be shot by ISIS! (Living near London, we tend to be philosophical about such things). What's good, what's bad, what's new, what should we not miss?? Where are the camels? How can we avoid the jeeps? I am all ears and all of a quiver!

Wordbird, do pm me the details of the boat trip, as that is deffo on our to do list!

Rachel xx

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 21:20:39 PM »
Why not  try hiring a car for a while to see how it goes.  Very convenient not having to wait for the dolmus, particularly if it is full. 

Offline flightyrachel

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 08:50:09 AM »
It really doesn't appeal I'm afraid, Jacqui! I'd be far to terrified to drive amongst mountains and goats and things, and my husband likes to have a break from it when we're  away. We have to do such a lot of driving day to day that the bus (and walking) seem very holidayish to us! I know some people love driving and find it relaxing though... I find it more blood pressure raising (but that might be because I'm a rubbish driver!)  ;D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 09:15:34 AM »
My husband is now a "Turkish Driver"  means he drives like a Turk and has no fear.  I suppose it is because he drove to work every day in Scotland a 50 mile round trip, in the rush hours.  He has also driver abroad i.e  American, Denmark etc., through his job.  We live one third of a mile up a farm lane in Scotland, so driving is a necessity to us.  We are probably very lazy but would not dream of going to Turkey without hiring a car.
We love Kayakoy and visit more and more these days.  The camels are opposite the Muzzy's and the Istanbul.  The quad bikes are real pest and it is hard to avoid them, they roar through Kaya all the time and are worst than the Jeeps.  So, if you are walking on the road (which you know have no pavements) keep an eye open for them.
Visit Villa Rhapsody which is a lovely little Hotel, they have beautiful gardens and would welcome you for dinner.
Try the Levissi Gardens for a bit of wine tasting.  There is also a very nice little shop just opposite, which has very reasonable priced clothes etc.,

Offline flightyrachel

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 10:17:39 AM »
Thanks, Jacqui, for your advice. We're very much looking forward to arriving this evening, and exploring tomorrow!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf