Author Topic: Rentals  (Read 5476 times)

Offline jiggs11

• Newly Registered
Rentals
« on: September 10, 2014, 18:58:51 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am a new user to the forum so hope I have entered the correct place to post my question!

I have visited the Calis and Oludeniz area for the last few year's and I am looking to buy a property around the £80,000 range but this will be a holiday home not for permanent living. I was wondering if anyone know's how many weeks of the year you can rent out the property on average  as will need quite a bit of income from the property as I will only be using it as a holiday home for a few weeks a year until I retire.

If anyone anyone can give me any idea it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Rentals
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 19:16:03 PM »
jiggs 11

contact Cenk at www.interturkestates.com and he will advise you.He's a member of the Forum.      :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 20:20:53 PM »

.....as will need quite a bit of income from the property ..........

In reality, you're not going to make much from it. In fact you could well lose money on it in the first few years after you've paid for advertising, management, repairs and maintenance.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 20:40:02 PM »
If you plan to take out a mortgage to purchase in the hope of rentals paying it then I would forget it.
Site fees, management fees, cleaning costs and materials all need to be factored into the costs too.  That is before advertising costs and general wear and tear come in to the equation.

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 20:42:51 PM »
Also factor in accountant fees to do a Turkish tax return if renting

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 20:44:37 PM »
And the Mavi Tax (Out of the Blue Tax that they make up now and again). Good luck with your plans but I used to tell clients that if they needed to rent it to make it viable then they shouldn't be buying. They'd agree then go and buy from somebody else :D

Offline madmart

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 07:05:45 AM »
I did once say on here that the only to make a small fortune in Calis is to start with a large one.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 10:05:52 AM »
We bought 9 years ago with the same idea, to rent out until retirement.  However, we got as far as seeing an agent, but then changed our minds and glad we did.   We fell in love with the Villa and could not bear the though of anyone else using it.    Glad we did as the hassle of renting for very little return seems to be a real pain.

Offline Phil

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 10:48:31 AM »
To make an income to support a Buy to Let in Calis the rental charges need to double (which they won't).

Existing rental charges will just about pay for your overheads and may be for a few flights but they won't support any capital repayments.

Offline jiggs11

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 14:30:23 PM »
Ok thanks for the info would it make a difference if there was no mortgage so any money that comes in would be in your hand - the fess etc?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf