Author Topic: UK versus Merciless Enemy  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
UK versus Merciless Enemy
« on: October 09, 2014, 15:14:14 PM »
The UK is declaring war on a merciless enemy, the biggest danger the world faces today - according to General Lord Richards {former head of the British army} more dangerous than IS. The UK is sending in troops and resources in an operation that is likely to cost many £millions. And I am completely in favour of it, think we should have gone in much earlier and should spend whatever it takes to defeat this force. It is, of course, the vile ebola virus - a present danger in West Africa and a future threat to the rest of the world unless defeated.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/ebola-outbreak-britain-sends-750-soldiers-and-medics-to-western-africa-9783010.html

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: UK versus Merciless Enemy
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 15:56:53 PM »
I am just surprised that this merciless enemy has not been stopped/prevented at the border with the precautions that were taken with the Bird Flu, or will we have to wait for a number of months before we get a new home secretary apologising for the fact that action had not been taken earlier by their predecessor and the (former) health secretary.  Messr. May and Hunt had better watch out on this issue, particularly as we are - if you haven't noticed already - into the general election run in.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 19:03:27 PM »
Given that on an almost daily basis uninvited "guest's" are climbing from the backs or undersides
of lorries and other vehicles around the UK, who is to know whether they are infected with Ebola or other
diseases, whether they are members of ISIL or other terrorist groups,?
While I am typing this a Briton has died of Ebola in Macedonia and 60 people have been placed in Quarantine
in France following 4 suspected cases.
This evenings announcement of screening at Heathrow, Gatwick and Eurostar might prove to be insufficient.
And as usual the rest of Europe are sitting on their hands while the UK and USA send resources out to fight
the disease.           :(

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 22:37:37 PM »
This evenings announcement of screening at Heathrow, Gatwick and Eurostar might prove to be insufficient.        :(

Yes but they reacting quickly to posts here on CBF, I can see May and Hunt calling in their Civil Servants and demanding action to be taken,  and that fingers have got to be pulled out, as 'we have been tumbled on CBF by that old bark Usedbustickets' ;D

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 22:55:29 PM »
They are sending Boris out to try and placate you, before you kick any more kennels

The power of CBF eh, awesome.     8)

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 17:21:05 PM »
Well I am sure a lot of people will find a way of blaming immigrants as seems to be the case for everything:-

International Banking Crisis --immigrants
Massive UK Personal Debt Crisis -- immigrants
Second slowdown in the Economy - immigrants
Late arrival of the 4.18 from Paddington, yes, bloody immigrants
Boris bad hair day --immigrant barbers

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 01:22:12 AM »
Not being one to beat about the bush, ( as many on here will know,) I firmly believe that it's time to call a halt to all of this silly rhetoric, and DEMAND of the Government that, measures are put into place in order to at least make a concerted effort in order to control the admission of all and sundry into the U.K. We are sending 750 of Britain's Armed Services personnel into an area of terrible danger, with the grave risk that some, if not many, of these persons may become victims of the very disease which they will be trying to eradicate, we must hope and pray that these young men and women are given the very, very best of  Chemical Warfare type ,protective clothing, and the correct information re. the exact nature of Ebola, and how it is transmitted. God Bless every one of them .

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 08:08:56 AM »
I bet none of them even dreamt that they'd be dealing with this kind of enemy when they joined up.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 14:57:11 PM »
Sigh, when they gave me a shilling for the gas I stupidly took it!  :)

Interesting to here from any others on here if they were given "the Queens's shilling" when they were
recruited. I still have mine somewhere taped into the back cover of the Bible I held in swearing my oath
of allegiance to Her Majesty! (God Bless her)  :)

Seriously the rest of the World who could help here should hang their heads in shame, no doubt Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia
and Brunei with their huge wealth have already dispatched massive resources to help -- after all -- they don't need them for Syria or Iraq to
fight ISIS as that would be far too dangerous!

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf