Author Topic: Pera -Turkish food Edinburgh  (Read 3813 times)

Offline ewarts

Pera -Turkish food Edinburgh
« on: October 23, 2014, 10:29:58 AM »
New restaurant opened about a month ago on Elm row in Edinburgh , friends met the new owner in Calis in September when they were over and ended up on the same flight coming home, reviews good so far going to try it out next week with a group of friends will keep you posted.

Offline Steve A

Re: Pera -Turkish food Edinburgh
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 16:04:16 PM »
Post a review as my son is moving to Edinburgh soon and loves Turkish food having been a regular visitor since he was nine

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 17:05:42 PM »
Their sole review on Tripadvisor simply emphasises the reason why TA is such an unreliable source of impartial reviews now...

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186525-d7131294-Reviews-Pera_Turkish_Mangal_Meze_Bar-Edinburgh_Scotland.html

JF

Offline ewarts

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 13:49:27 PM »
Well had my visit to Pera Edinburgh and have to say it was lovely there were seven of us and to say the place was small like sitting in someone's own room, cosy but nice probably seated about 16ish total we had bread, mixed meze for starters and each had a different dish mine was the chicken shish, hubby had lamb casserole others had mixed grill etc also had a baklava with ice cream (me only) very reasonable I thought £90 includes soft drinks, bottled water it's a bring your own bottle which they charged £2.50 corkage though.
 Got chatting to one of the guys who's parents live very close to Sunday market and the bakers next to Zayra pide in Calis they have lived there for about 15years coming down from Istanbul. The lighting in the restaurant came from Sunday market don't know what they are called but you know the one's with all the coloured glass he said paid 400 lira for the lot and brought them over for the restaurant and looks lovely, very authentic. I would recommend you give this a try as everyone's experience can be different but didn't have any complaints, they also do a Turkish breakfast as well and are looking to give it a try. Hope this helps.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 14:08:27 PM »
Great review will let my son know

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf