Author Topic: Jiva Beach Resort not open on time!  (Read 9569 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Jiva Beach Resort not open on time!
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2015, 01:01:53 AM »
Good luck Karennina. Hope it works out for you.

Offline farry

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 08:20:05 AM »
it is not an all inclusive, I know it was only going to be a one night stsy so iv not had a holiday ruined or anything but it was booked for my birthday so I'm a tad disappointed,

Don't know if this is any help for your birthday, but Thomson hotels are doing all inclusive at the Belcekiz in Olu Deniz this week for £50 per night (per room not person), and you can stay till midnight on checkout day if you want.  Hope you get sorted!

Try speaking to your credit card company (if you paid by credit card) as they may refund your money.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:18:31 AM by farry »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2015, 08:55:08 AM »
Karen,  See if Booking.com will give you an exchange to Letoonia, think you would really enjoy a night there.  Good luck, will keep my fingers crossed for you.   :D :-*

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 09:08:32 AM »
Thsnk u Farry and Jacqui, because I had the heads up on here I was not suprised when the email arrived yesterday and was expecting to be offered the Letoonia the same as the other people who had booked Jiva Beach...
I'm still waiting to hear back from Booking.com I said in my reply email I would really like an all inclusive as thst was what our original booking was for, I booked it in September...just so long as they don't offer us the Remer funnily enough we walked past there the other day and Derek said I bet we end up there not Jiva I said no way I would rather stay in doors for the night then go there again! :(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 10:44:51 AM »
We personally would not use Booking.com again.  We went through them to book an Hotel we have stayed at before in Amsterdam, this was last December.   When we arrived we were put in the most awful tiny room at the back of the Hotel opposite a brick wall.   We went straight to reception and told them no way would we stay there.   We were moved to a front room in the Hotel, we did pay extra, which was the price we would have been paying anyway booking directly with the Hotel. 
Karen, I have heard and seen a video of the Hotel Unique in Fethiye which is quite a new place, you could ask if you could have a transfer there.   
http://www.hoteluniqueturkey.com

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 11:22:48 AM »
it is not an all inclusive, I know it was only going to be a one night stsy so iv not had a holiday ruined or anything but it was booked for my birthday so I'm a tad disappointed,

Don't know if this is any help for your birthday, but Thomson hotels are doing all inclusive at the Belcekiz in Olu Deniz this week for £50 per night (per room not person), and you can stay till midnight on checkout day if you want.  Hope you get sorted!

Try speaking to your credit card company (if you paid by credit card) as they may refund your money.

That is a brilliant offer at the Belcekiz Beach, for anyone who can get over next week on a cheap flight or for anyone out there now who fancy a weeks pampering with all your food and drink included,it's a steal at £420 for 2 people. Shame we have just come back,otherwise we would've had at least 2 nights there for £100.  :-\

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2015, 21:03:08 PM »
Seems it's now opening on the 8th but some are saying it's due to overbooking!

Strange happenings.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2015, 21:30:27 PM »
I have read on T.A. that someone is very aggrieved that their booking has been cancelled by Thomson's and they, Thomson's, have told the person who was due to arrive on the 11th May that the place will not be ready until the 28th May. However, this particular person is very cross as they have found the place is due to open on the 8th May.  Apparently they have been told that Thomson's have high standards and they do not want their guests staying in a building site.  The person has been offered, as they say, inferior substitutes. 

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 22:59:50 PM »
Overbooked ;-)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 07:33:54 AM »
Our original email said it would be opening on 8 th May but yesterdsy when I went on booking.com and put my date in it said there was no availability for that date and the last booking had been made from China 22 hours ago..iv a good mind to walk up there later and see what is occurring!
Thanks for the link to the Unique Jacqui it looks a lovely hotel...
We have now been offered the Majesty Tuana but I'm fed up with it all now and don't think I'm going to bother, probably just end up having a curry on the prom now! >:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf