Author Topic: Secret Garden Calis  (Read 9915 times)

Offline clair

• Uttoxeter, UK
Re: Secret Garden Calis
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 16:31:56 PM »
I only skimmed the the first message so missed the directions apologies, I'm sure we will find it even though I have not heard of the other two places either.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 16:52:05 PM »
Baba Firin, is the big newish Bakery on the Market Road, opposite to the D.I.Y. Shop.  If you have not heard of this bakery, i would recommend it.   Lovely bread and cakes and you can also eat there as they have a cafe. 

Offline martha mcginn

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 09:36:54 AM »
We must have visited on a bad day. We were disappointed in our food. The lamb shanks we're tasteless swimming in a watery sauce & my friend didn't fare much better with his lamb stir fry. The staff were excellent however and we couldn't fault the friendliness. Unfortunately we won't be going back.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 09:58:00 AM »
I was so pleased to read this post.  We visited this place in June, and we found it very ordinary, the family seemed too interested in their own problems to bother about the customers, food average, wont be going back.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 11:58:31 AM »
We went when it first opened.
Some friends were on the next table and had just sent theirs back to be reheated.
We waited and waited to be acknowledged. A Turkish group came in and their order was taken before ours.
Would have walked out at that point but they had a special half price opening deal.
It was average food, no one spoke to us so have never been back.

Offline yabanci

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 16:31:22 PM »
According to the reviewers on TA this is currently the best restaurant in Calis.

Offline marina

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 16:38:51 PM »
While I've never tried this restaurant so can't really comment, I certainly don't believe everything I read on Trip Advisor, there are a lot of comments that should be taken with a large pinch of salt!    ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 17:13:11 PM »
T.A. lump Fethiye together with Calis and often Oludeniz, Hsaronu and Ovacik.  It is confusing.
At the moment  Secret Garden is No.3 on the list.  Mozaik Bache is No.2.  With an Ice Cream place No.1.
This is the list.
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g298031-Fethiye_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Offline sadler

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 17:23:49 PM »
This was one of our favourites, in fact I wrote a review on it in June. However, we had our last meal of that stay there and pushed out the boat with a steak dish (can't remember what the dish was probably a casserole). If I had soled my shoes with the "steak" and worn them every day since, they would still be in excellent condition. It was impossible to chew through! Shame, as they were excelling at the value for money meals and the breakfasts (English) were enormous and very good. We haven't bothered to try it this visit.  :(

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2015, 18:06:52 PM »
We went last week for dinner, and found the 'secret garden' setting at the back of the restaurant very welcoming, as was the service.  However, how anyone can think the food is the best in Calis is beyond me, in fact far from it.  All four of us had different dishes and they all shared one thing in common, nicely cooked but very very bland...all four dishes did not have any taste to them at all... if the chef had even used salt and pepper I'd be very surprised!!  I had the Stroganoff, and I asked for some 'more' paprika to give it some taste, but was told they did not have any - how can you not have paprika when you have Strog on the menu??  But he did have a near empty jar of dried out chilli flakes if that would help..apparently the only spice he had!!

We won't be going back in a hurry

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf