Author Topic: Madeleine McCann (again)  (Read 8700 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Madeleine McCann (again)
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 21:47:14 PM »
How many families in the UK whose children are missing have 30 detectives looking for them.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 21:54:20 PM »
Keith, what I meant is this,
As parents we all do our very, very best. Nobody deliberately puts their children in danger. Times have changed. We once lived in a house with a very long garden, we would often sit midway down it in the summer evenings with friends, 'watching the house' feeling that our children were safe in their beds. It wasn't until this tragedy that we realised what could have happened. We would not have heard or seen someone slipping in a front/side window of the house (even if we were in our lounge) It scares me and I still feel for them, it must be tortuous. I don't think there's much hope now for Madelaine but these abductions must be stopped. So sad.

Offline fernando torres

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 22:03:28 PM »
I have to agree with Karennina, I feel so sorry for Kerry Needham, nobody bothered to look for her little boy Ben, my heart goes out to her

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 00:53:39 AM »
I agree, a wonderfully well put post Karen.

I remember us getting expat gossip for having our girls sleep on two comfy seats pushed together by a waiter in a restaurant while we enjoyed our evening. I am proud to say we never once left our kids and went out without them - whether or not they appeared to be 50m/100m away and I could see one of the four walls they were inside.

Lotty I also agree with you - anyone who thinks you can keep your eyes on little kids 24/7 should try having twins!! I do think however that down a long garden from your home and in the restaurant across the complex you are holidaying in are fundamentally different.

The part I found odd about the whole thing (apart from the obvious) was that here we had two professionals, likely to be working excessively long hours in the NHS, in a restaurant with chums while their children slept without parental supervision. At the time of this happening, I was working excessively long hours, and having to stay away from home several days a week.

Holidays were the time when I got to eat with my wife and children and boy did I treasure that. I am unaware of any friends that I would rather go to dinner with on holiday than my children.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 01:05:15 AM »
Bad parents

Meeting Point 2003

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 08:24:07 AM »
In the 70's I worked at Pontins and the "babysitting service" was a chalet patrol consisting of a couple of teenagers on bikes with an adult supervising.  They rode around outside the chalets listening for babies or children crying.  If they heard anything they would come and put the chalet number up in the bars for parents to see.

Were the children locked in the chalets or were the doors unlocked so "chalet patrol" could go in and quieten the child?

Makes my insides turn over at what could have happened to these children but nobody thought anything of it then.

Our boys came with us when we went out on holiday and slept in their pushchair when they wanted to.  We have done the same with our granddaughters and empathise when we see couples pushing sleep-resistant toddlers up the prom until they finally give in and the parents can have a well-earned rest   :)

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 08:49:20 AM »
I'm not going to apologise for saying this, I know that a lot will disagree but I am still firmly of the mind that the parents are more involved in the disapearance than they will admit.
No parent would stop actively looking no matter the cost if they believed the child to be alive.  >:(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 11:19:31 AM »
Agreed in full (and no apology from me either)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 11:36:33 AM »
Me too - there is just something about Gerry McCann especially.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 12:03:20 PM »
Possibly why the police are still looking for evidence. Not so much in the search for Madeleine or her body, but more for enough evidence to charge one or both of the parents with murder.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf