Author Topic: Istanbul restaurant Kayakoy  (Read 6891 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Istanbul restaurant Kayakoy
« on: April 17, 2016, 19:19:27 PM »
The Istanbul restaurant is now open for the season. There's been a lot of improvements over the winter.

A new team of staff including an award winning chef have been appointed to give guests a gourmet dining experience in a very attractive environment.

Offline Steve A

Re: Istanbul restaurant Kayakoy
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 00:15:32 AM »
Open early this year ,usually has is opening night 1st week in May.Is Engin still the owner?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 00:26:19 AM »
He usually opens for a couple of weeks and then has an official opening party.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 12:51:04 PM »
Open early this year ,usually has is opening night 1st week in May.Is Engin still the owner?

Engin is still the owner. I took thee following from Facebook.

"NOTICE TO ALL OUR REGULAR CUSTOMERS
 We appreciate our regular customers and are the only restaurant in the area who host an opening evening with free buffet and live entertainment every year. We never take our lovely customers for granted and this year ( as we have done every year) we will host a special opening night with live music and free food."

I will post the date as soon as all the arrangements are made.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 18:57:18 PM »
Thanks Don it wil hopefully coincide with my wife's visit early May but Iam coming out a bit later so will miss it.Will still of course visit when Iam there,maybe stay overnight in Kaya

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 13:39:51 PM »
We were going to have dinner at the Istanbul last night and wandered down at around 7.30pm.

It looked closed....no lights on, no sign of any staff, and the chalkboard outside that reads something like "Sorry to guests, we are not open until 6pm of our opening night" confused us a bit.
We weren't sure if it meant not open at all until then, or just not open until 6pm on that day....as the place was a bit like the Marie Celeste, we thought maybe the former.

Anyway, we ended up going to Izela which was fabulous as always....and noticed there were lights on at the Istanbul as we walked past on our way home. It was a shame as I was looking forward to trying the food from the new chef; another time, I guess.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 15:35:31 PM »
Our famous opening night will be 12 TH OF MAY, this is our opportunity to thank all our important regular guests by offering free food and entertainment, this night is always very popular.. This is also your chance to taste some of the food from our new award winning chef.eveyone welcome pls call 0090 535 275 67 06-0090 0506 066 79 02 for table .if you like to share this post pls welcome.ISTANBUL RESTAURANT KAYAKOY

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 15:42:48 PM »
new award winning chef

So what's he won then?

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf