Author Topic: Thing to go in water tanks to heat water when no sun?  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Thing to go in water tanks to heat water when no sun?
« on: May 15, 2016, 14:51:36 PM »
On our recent visit someone was telling me you can now have it was either something added to your water tank or maybe the solar panels which if there is no sun heats your water up so no need for a boiler...can anyone shed any light on this for me please as to what it is and the cost involved...
We woukd love to get rid of our boiler as where it is positioned is a bit of a pain...thanks in advance...

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Thing to go in water tanks to heat water when no sun?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 15:15:03 PM »
Its basically an immersion heater element. No idea of current costs but ours was something ridiculous like 40tl a few years ago.

Just make sure you get one with a thermostat - you'd be surprised how many get them fitted without!

If you've got a boiler then that's a more efficient way to heat your water as opposed to the solar tank element.

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 15:16:32 PM »
Do you mean an emmersion heater element ?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 15:49:38 PM »
Thank you John we have solar panels for our water which is fab to be honest in 9 years of owning wev only put our boiler on twice so could prob just rely on the solar panels...we may be spending more time there next year so if it were out of season this thing sounded ideal for our needs...
So its not something that goes in the water tank? ( having a rather loud chuckle to myself as blonde as i am i would not put an emmersion heater element in a water tank!) or would i!  ;) :-[ 8)

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 16:37:48 PM »
Karennina, I think you are talking about an immersion heating element that does indeed go in the big water tank on the roof of the property. It should have its own fuse added to the fusebox when it is fitted and you can also have a timer type fuse so you can set it to come on/off a couple of times a day, useful for early morning hot water on sunless days. No idea of cost now as we had one years ago.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 17:53:46 PM »

I was advised some years ago by a good Turkish friend to have a good quality heater fitted rather than the cheap ones

as they stand up to the hard water better than the cheap ones. The timer is a good idea too. A good investment for dull days.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 20:57:19 PM »
I was told the same. Bought a better quality one, I think it was 80tl.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 21:08:02 PM »
Oh 80tl sounds fine thanks for all info will see what i can sort out on our next trip   :)

Offline Libra

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 07:29:16 AM »
If you mean an instant water heater like the ones below , we have installed one two years ago and are happy with it.

There are many brands , options and prices . See examples below. These devices work with high voltage and need to be installed by a very qualified electrician for your own safety. Extra fuses and electric cables may be needed. So call the people who will install to your house and let them explain what they will do.

The water pressure is lower when using this device but you have hot water as long as you have electric. As it is fixed to the shower , it uses the water in your solar tank adding more heat if it is only warm.

In Turkish they are called "ani su ısıtıcı" ( instant water heater ) .

https://www.tekzen.com.tr/isitma__sogutma/isitma/sofbenler?sortPrice=asc

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 15:45:22 PM »
Karen we recently brought a heating element discussed and fitted it was 100tl

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf