Author Topic: Edi's Silver Shop  (Read 4567 times)

Offline Jenny1

Edi's Silver Shop
« on: May 20, 2016, 10:04:26 AM »
I took my engagement ring in to Edi's silver shop to be enlarged.
I've not been able to wear it since we bought it as my fingers swell badly.
He measured my finger and I needed it increasing 5 sizes, he said no problem, and it would be ready next day.
We were passing his shop later that day when he shouted us to come into the shop as he wanted to recheck the size.
I tried it on, and was amazed that it fit perfectly, he had sorted it out the same day!
As it was 18ct gold, it cost 67tl, what a bargain, would have cost lots more in the UK
Would definitely recommend this shop, owned by a lovely genuine man.
Thanks so much Edi

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Edi's Silver Shop
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 14:36:51 PM »
Edi is lovely and we always buy from him, but you could cut out he middle man and go straight to Saphir which is the Jellewers shop in the lane (at the back of Berin Jewellers) it is going up to the Guitar Bar.  He is the Jeweller that does all the alterations and repairs for all the Jewellery Shops in Calis.  He also makes lovely pieces of jewellery to order.   He just repaired my gold watch for me that had broken near the clasp.  He repaired in and cleaned it for 15TL.  He also cleaned my rings and Phil's rings for free and I was amazed when he cleaned m Victorian Butteryfly brooch which is over 100 years old, I have never seen it like this before, it is lovely, again, no charge.  He has made rings for me and also for my friends and family. Last year I gave him a gold Victorian bar brooch with a big Amethyst  in the middle, which I had in a drawer in my office for the last 10 years..  He made a gold and Amethyst  ring out of it, I was delighted.   Note, he does not sell ready made jewellery.  I would thoroughly recommend him.

Offline dycedon

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 15:03:11 PM »
My wife got a new diamond wedding ring made there last Sept, all to her own design. Cracking job.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 18:11:13 PM »
Did you take your idea/design in as a sketch?  I've got a few pieces of jewellery and chains I don't wear and would love something making but no idea how to describe what I want  : :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 09:55:37 AM »
I saw a few ideals on the net for the ring I wanted Safir (correct spelling) to make.  However, I spoke to him about it and he drew up a few plans and I played around with them and eventually came to one I liked.  It had an Emerald in the centre with sapphires around it.  He got his supplier to bring in a selection of emeralds for me to pick from and some sapphires.  I picked the emerald I liked and the sapphires.  He said it would take 4-5 days and asked me to call in and have a look as it was being made.  I did this and it was interesting to see it taking shape.  The finished ring was fabulous. I love it.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 11:21:58 AM »
Thanks   ;)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 15:53:22 PM »

Would it be worth going through Catalogues  and Magazines and take cuttings of ideas with you Bluee'. ??

Not that I know much about ladies jewellery you understand.    :-[ :-[            :)

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 20:07:51 PM »
Jacqui can You explain again where saphir jewellers is, although I know Calis I'm not familiar with the names of shops or places so not sure where you said it was, I have a ring we brought in Turkey 25 years ago that needs repair.
Many thanks

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 20:11:50 PM »
Yes, I was thinking that Kevin - I've put a few screenshots on my phone too. 

Anyone any idea on what to expect to get for "scrap" gold? 

Yoshi - in about the middle of the main street walking away from the beach toward the dolphin-less roundabout, look for Berlin Jewellers on your left. There is a small lane going down the side of it and it's there.

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 20:17:04 PM »
Thank you Bluwise,
I'm sure all these places will become more familiar to me in time

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf