Author Topic: The Olive Garden Kabak  (Read 7796 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: The Olive Garden Kabak
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 18:26:58 PM »
Thank you Sheila

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 11:21:10 AM »
We set out to drive there one day and called into Hisaronu first to pick something up.  The English lady working in the shop told us not to even think about driving up there as the road was terrible and we would be right on the edge.  So, we decided against it and went to Kayakoy for lunch instead.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 12:24:25 PM »
We set out to drive there one day and called into Hisaronu first to pick something up.  The English lady working in the shop told us not to even think about driving up there as the road was terrible and we would be right on the edge.  So, we decided against it and went to Kayakoy for lunch instead.
      I've been up there in a 14 seater bus and know that I could drive up easily. So how did the lady in the shop know that you are a crap driver?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 12:32:22 PM »
I driven up that road dozens of times. There are 32 tonne 8-wheelers that use it. No problems whatsoever.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 13:00:19 PM »
I drove up there with a car full of friends on Friday but actually went higher up the mountain to Lyssia - there's a sign to take you up a very rough track just before you get Olive Garden. Outstanding views of the Med and the beach at Kabak.

I have driven around Faralya and Kabak many times without incident but I admit to declining a friend's suggestion to drive up there during the last Bayram. The driving from the out of towners that come to the area during Bayram is just too crazy even on the normal roads, so wouldn't risk it then.

But Jacqui in normal, outside of Bayram times, it's definitely worth the drive  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 13:59:32 PM »
If you turn left at the phone mast that overlooks Butterfly Valley the road takes you way up into the mountains and then by turning left at the T-Junction at Kirme you eventually reach the foot of Babadag and the winter launch-site for the paragliders. There are some absolutely stunning views from up there.

If you turn right at Kirme and head down through Karaağaç you eventually come out at Esen. Again, another beautiful mountain route.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 18:18:23 PM »
      I've been up there in a 14 seater bus and know that I could drive up easily. So how did the lady in the shop know that you are a crap driver?

I drove over her foot when asking the question...

Offline lissa

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 18:55:42 PM »
Ha ha, Jacqui, but seriously, the road was bad years ago but it is ok now. But I agree with Menthol, driving over the Bayram periods is definitely on my no no list.

Offline lynnj

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 10:28:55 AM »
Hi .what's the dolmus fare from Fethiye. .there are 6 of us and often its quicker and cheaper by taxi. Thanks in advance

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 15:31:04 PM »
I love going up there, it is just fabulous.  Have been on the dolmus, also driving.  Amazing views

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf