Author Topic: TV in turkey  (Read 4247 times)

Offline raff

TV in turkey
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 18:36:26 PM »
We bought a TV from Eren Spot which packed up after a week - apparently in Turkey your guarantee is for REPAIR only - Bekir came and took it away for repair but when it hadn't come back after a week we were understandably a bit p****d off (we were only there for 3 weeks) Bekir said it could take 6 weeks to fix!!! We insisted on having our money back and Bekir did give us the option of having a different TV(all more expensive) or the money back, though he did insist that we weren't entitled to it.  We then went to Migros and bought a cheaper one.

Offline kellie

TV in turkey
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2005, 21:12:47 PM »
Hi all, Just to advise you that its worth talking and asking about the beach area when your out having foods and drinks because like us you may be able to buy a tv from a local. We paid £40 for a full size tv with remote which works perfectly although the Digiturk installed can be a little tempermental with the signal at times. Also a good time to buy a tv is at the end of the season as the shop owners have to give up the rental on thier shops at the end of the season and they sell everything cheap.. even the tv they have been watchin!
Just get chatting and spread the word as there's always someone who knows someone and the locals will always try and find one for ya even if they can earn a tenner for doing it and then everyones happy!

Offline teresa321

TV in turkey
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2005, 21:32:12 PM »
Thanks for that Kellie - worth knowing.

Teresa

Offline kellie

TV in turkey
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2005, 22:21:15 PM »
Hi Teresa

No probs hun, I hear from your past chats that your going out to live soon and may have considered taking a tv. I am sure its wouldnt be worth the hastle for you to go to that extent, you will be able to get something sorted I am sure. You know what its like ya get talking to peps out and about and someone will bring you a tv to your door! lol I have never known peps like it to go out of thier way to help you, they are just unbelievable sometimes! lol

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
TV in turkey
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2005, 02:27:57 AM »
Hello Kellie
You are making a lot noise on here at the moment with several postings. I have looked very hard but cannot find your member introduction. If I am wrong I apologise. If I am not then please do us the courtesy of introducing yourself.
Ken

Offline teresa321

TV in turkey
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2005, 07:23:02 AM »
Thanks again Kellie - my fridge was stuffed with figs last trip as neighbours kept bringing me bowls full of them. One day the electric was off all day as they were replacing a lamp post and a neighbour brought over freshly cooked cheese and herb pancakes for us.  It is amazing to find such kindness and generosity in such a short space of time.  

Teresa

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
TV in turkey
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2005, 11:35:41 AM »
Kenkay, Kellie has introduced herself, back in February.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
TV in turkey
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 18:48:16 PM »
Kenkay
Kellie introduced herself on 3rd February 2004, a mere 14 months BEFORE you joined the forum.

Crabbit

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
TV in turkey
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2005, 22:38:42 PM »
Valentine & Crabbit
I stand corrected but I did apologise in advance in case I'd missed it. Thats cos I am a gentleman.
Cheers
Ken

Offline young at heart

• Orpington, UK
TV in turkey
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 21:23:25 PM »
thank you all for your advice.  We are using the tv for viewing dvd's only so no signal received.  We will try again in October and hopefully the tv will work.  Sorry for delay in replying been away for a few days.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf