Author Topic: Hagi is no longer in prison.  (Read 5223 times)

Offline Steve A

Hagi is no longer in prison.
« on: September 24, 2017, 12:18:37 PM »
I wonder how many people saw Hagi at the Sunday market today and I wonder how many stopped to talk?I did and the picture he paints is entirely different to that reported on CBF .I will not go into great detail but he protests his innocence which may be proved as he has been released without charge after 20 horrendous weeks in prison the case against him has been dropped.Hagi seems mortified that his reputation has been damaged and he says he cannot work in Fethiye as people no longer trust him as they have prejudged.
Iam sure the truth will lie somewhere in the middle but if he had molested two young boys there is no way he would be out after such a short time.

Offline Steve A

Re: Hagi is no longer in prison.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 09:56:56 AM »
Very strange that no one has anything to say about this,but you live and learn.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 10:10:37 AM »
What were you hoping people might say Steve?

Offline Steve A

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 10:23:05 AM »
I thought some people may have also seen him and maybe spoken with him etc as there were loads of comments and speculation when he was arrested so found the silence unusual Keith.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 10:43:22 AM »
How long has he been out Steve A ?.

Not many people would have seen him if he was released a short time ago and I would imagine he will have to keep a very low profile because some people may not believe in his innocence.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 11:03:02 AM »
Well I for one am pleased that he survived his ordeal in prison and that he is now a free man. My original post had nothing to do with his guilt or innocence or how he found himself in prison - that's down to the Turkish legal system. I ,ade no judgement as to his innocence or guilt but simply reported what I was told by three separate Tukish people and I had no reason to doubt the truth of what they were telling me. The events of his arrest took place before I posted so it already seemed to be common knowledge amongst the Turkish population of Fethiye and Calis.

I will certainly speak to him the next time I see him and if he feels that my post contributed in some way to the situation that he now finds himself in I will apologise unreservedly.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 11:06:44 AM »
H he has only just got out and is keeping out of Fethiye,he was helping a friend on the market.SteveJ I don't think you need to apologise for anything at all.As I said iam sure the truth of the matter will lie somewhere in the middle and we will never know

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 11:22:10 AM »
I wouldn't blame him if he gave you all the brush-off.  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 21:36:31 PM »
Since you are looking for comments Steve I will give mine.

I have known him many years and he has only been courteous and friendly in all that time. I found the rumours shocking at the time (as I recall it wasn't just what he had been arrested for but that he had also been killed in prison). At the time I also recall thinking that in all our chance meetings (and there would have been several hundred) I don't recall him ever with boys in his company, not even once. In fact I can only remember him, alone, turning the corner or walking up the street.

So to me it was always puzzling, although you never quite know anyone outside your close family unit I guess.

To me he was either a cad who managed to keep it hidden from perceptive people like me for years, or the genuine, helpful Fethiye character I thought I knew who had been served a massive life changing mistake. One that had possibly caused his death.

Whichever it was, I couldn't find anything to say then ( http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=61732.msg428342#msg428342 ) and again in reply to your post yesterday.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 22:45:40 PM »
So very well explained, Scunner.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf