Author Topic: Carretta beach restaurant ???  (Read 5885 times)

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
Re: Carretta beach restaurant ???
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 16:42:07 PM »
I made a mistake. Helen worked with Mutlu at what was once the 188i. I think Suat went to prison and then remarried. When I first met Helen she had a lovely little cake shop with another British lady at the end of Ovacik as you head to Kaya,it was lovely to go there about four in the afternoon for tea and cakes.

Offline George Warner

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 17:00:55 PM »
Is it this place?

If so it is definitely still going - or rather it was in June.

We often cycle up there for breakfast.

It changed ownership at the time the Barut hotel opened and was done up quite a bit.

There are often Turkish families having big family meals there.

Ian
Yes that's the place as I remember it

Offline TIGER

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 06:50:56 AM »
When I first visited calis in 2001 we stayed at Telomosse ,which I still think is an amazing little complex. We would go to Helen and Suats place for an evening meal with the kids . A few years later they both bought into 1881 , and ran that for a few more years .
Suat and Helen broke up and Helen did die about 5 years ago . Suat works with Max and Fuat at the Koca Calis restaurant. I have seen his photos on the Facebook page .
The one thing I will say about that little beach bar when they both owned it was that they gave amazing size shots in their drinks and the food was exerllent quality..fantastic BBQ Nights and lovely Turkish breakfast . Of all my memories that bar holds the best at that time . We go every year to that beach and spend a couple of days of our holiday there, and as I have said it has changed hand many times , and it now has lovely toilets and showers and it is really clean and organised .... but , I loved the shack bar that suat ran , with the puppies playing in the sand and the chickens walking round freely, to me that was the Turkey I fell in love with .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf