Author Topic: flights 2019  (Read 2310 times)

Offline kimmie

flights 2019
« on: July 24, 2018, 09:06:43 AM »
 I have just looked at TC flights from East Mids next June for the two of us return with 20kg luggage this is £545.00 is this a good price or would i expect to get a cheaper price from Easy Jet when they go on sale in October . I normally book a thomson package so not familiar with flight prices but next year we have decided to do 21nights so we need to do it as cheap as possible. Any info much appreciated

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
Re: flights 2019
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 11:02:08 AM »
That sounds expensive.I would wait until the other companies release their flights.
We flew from Gatwick this july and paid £300 inc luggage.  :)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 11:07:38 AM »
If its £545 each its dear but for 2 about average you will get it cheaper when on sale with easyJet but you have to be up early (5 am ish). We booked last year for May this year and got 2 returns for less than £200 each but I was up from 5 waiting for the sale.
Easy jet normally split the sale in two April to back end of August comes out September then September to October comes out in the November and last years November sale Martin Lewis advertised it the night before and the web site crashed on me twice which resulted in me paying £100 more than when I started 

Offline kimmie

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 12:49:54 PM »
 Yes Trainer the price was for both of us.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 13:30:22 PM »
I have been watching flight prices for years now and unfortunately the costs are rising but I have been spoiled by the prices from years ago, I used to pay around £100 each and at the time was one of the pros for buying in Turkey so if I can get a return flight for less than £200 I am on a winner £250 -£300 seems to be the going rate over the last few years but that's using Newcastle, Leeds or Manchester and reginal airports tend to be a bit dearer 

Offline Christie

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 15:44:26 PM »
seems a bit pricy, but I suppose it depends on the choice of flights you have from your choice of airport.   We flew from Stansted in June for £436 for the two of us, which included luggage, leg room seat and speedy boarding, which we felt was ok.  We booked on the first day the flights came on line, but certainly not at 5 am !  probably about 8.30 am.  We probably could have got cheaper flights from Gatwick, but Stansted is our local and nearest airport so for us we would rather pay more and go from our nearest airport. 

Offline Steve A

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 21:59:39 PM »
We have been paying £600-700 for two for the past 3 years from Newcastle ,these are a bargain in my eyes

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 22:24:16 PM »
We can "top" that for our next trip by a fair distance Steve A.  :( :( :(

But I won't tell you by how much because I'm an idiot for paying it    ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 22:55:09 PM »
We paid £260 return each but that was for specific flights on specific dates both there and back and from Edinburgh.

Mind you I was up at 5am on Easyjet release day to get in first. Today those flights are £407 each return - not sure I could bring myself to pay that x4.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf