Author Topic: Calis area  (Read 4535 times)

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
Re: Calis area
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 23:02:35 PM »
I could of said the same thing about Calis, having holiday for a few years in a then much quieter Hissaronu before buying our house in calis I was a bit of a slow starter with my love of the place.
My first couple of holidays in our own house were not my favourite!!, but as we discovered some of the relaxing beach bars, places to eat, made many friends, mixed with new neighbours, discovered places to visit, we fell in love with our holiday home (something we told ourselves we would not do as it was an investment only!!).
Along the way we have tried a few other places, Spain, Egypt, Portugal but every time we try somewhere else we just compare it to Turkey.
Our biggest problem now is it gets harder and harder to leave at the end of our hols.

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 05:59:34 AM »
The first time we visited Calis in 2004, we weren’t keen on it, but people said the place would shout us back.
We now spend two months a year here and adore it.  I agree with Bluewise, and think you’ll be back. Shuttle.

Offline Daffodil2017

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 19:08:31 PM »
 I think that the Turkish people in the Fethiye area are a large part of what brings people back.The scenery and weather are lovely too.

Offline sq291073

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 20:13:14 PM »
I first came to Calis in 2001 and have been 11 times, there is just something so magical about Calis and the surrounding area, from Dr John and Mary in Caretta Apartments to Senay and Nuran in Gunisik, it’s been 2 years since I have visited and to say I have missed it would be an understatement, we are all in my opinion responsible for making Calis the place we all love whether we live there, work there or long for our holiday fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline shuttle

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 18:36:27 PM »
It may be called Calis beach forum Karennina but it also covers many other areas,
Ovacik being mine and that’s why I am on the forum and have enjoyed many years
On here. Sharing local info and joining in discussions etc is such a big plus and it’s a shame that
Readership has dropped in recent years due to many other media sights.
Anyway back to Calis. If you like it or love it that’s great. For me there are too many tired looking
Areas and along the front a lot of scruffy restaurants which need updating, unless a lot has changed
In the last 12 months since I looked along there. Look along the front at Olu near me at the eateries, all very smart , modern and inviting. In fact all of Olu is very nice to visit, and investment has been made which Calis is lacking. Do the residents of Calis like tall grass around the residential areas because it spoils the area and never seems to change. Love the new local children’s play park at the edge of Calis, best I have ever seen. If you love Calis, great and continue enjoying it, I won’t be back.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 23:41:10 PM »
One of the many things people say when we discuss the area is how many different styles of town there are around Fethiye - Calis, Kayakoy, Uzumlu, Hisaronu etc.

It's good that we don't all like the same place as that place would be really expensive :D

Carry on enjoying where you enjoy shuttle.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf