Author Topic: Freeview Box  (Read 3046 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Freeview Box
« on: September 29, 2005, 14:42:49 PM »
Hi does  anyone know anything about freeview boxes in turkey ,a friend of mine in altinkum has just bought a small t.v.and said if you buy box about £70.00 with nothing else to pay you get about 7/8 english channels is this correct if so what channels can you get.

Lance :D

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Freeview Box
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 14:58:16 PM »
when i was getting my dvd fitted the chap was telling me about this and it was coming out in october ,we are going to ask in october at the shop in gunlakbasi

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Freeview Box
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 15:50:11 PM »
Please keep us informed on this one - sounds good.

Stoop

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Freeview Box
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 11:16:21 AM »
Freeview boxes are out there but you have to keep updating the codes, no such thing as a free lunch.

I posted this on another site may help some of you that are thinking of purchasing Digiturk for the first time.

Digiturk have a new system, the new digibox is a one off payment of 250Tl then purchase the package that suits.

I have the old box, I pay 300Tl per annum (with Discounts) this is for the Family package, which is ample for me especially in the winter, movie max 1 & 2, Family max films, Show film, MGM film, BBc prime, Discovery, National Geographic, Reality, BBc News and quiet a few others.

The New system can offer the same for 240TL per annum. or upgrade to include the sinema packet for 321Tl

For approx £100 per year I think this is quite fair. Fethiye Digiturk office are very good at responding to any problems or call out.

I can not see Digiturk disappearing, why would they now bring out a new system. Following the link at the bottom of the post will take you to the Digiturk pages in English, however, it does not tell you about the new system or prices.

New System prices:
One off payment for box 250TL

* ................ .Monthly .......Yearly
    * Mini packet........9.90Tl........108Tl
    * Family Packet.....22.90Tl .......240Tl
    * Cinema Packet.....29.90Tl....... 321Tl
    * Sport Packet .....58.80 Tl.......624Tl
    * Super Packet .....65.80 Tl.......684Tl
    * Magasuper pack... 82.90Tl........852Tl

http://english.digiturk.tv/

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Freeview Box
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 15:36:26 PM »
Thanks for that information loz but is freeview the same as digiturk
reading about the latter it seems you need dish and phone line do you think it would be the same for freeview or are they one of the same.on our site we have no phones yet dont know how much longer we will have to wait cheers .

Lance:(

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Freeview Box
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 15:42:53 PM »
no freeview and digiturk are totally seperate, and with digiturk you do not need a phone line.  freeview i would imagine is where you will have to obtain the codes at different times that keep changing, which is a bit of a pain.  i personally still think that for £100 per year digiturk is the best option and you can always increase for the winter months.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Freeview Box
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 19:15:48 PM »
Is it quick to get- we're only there for a week in October and I might consider doing it but wouldnt want to devote too much time to sorting it out. £100 sounds good to me. It might be best however since its our last visit until next june to wait until then to sort it. Suggestions?

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Freeview Box
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 20:22:08 PM »
Cavfan, it can all be done same day, £100 for the new box and then pay for the Mini packet.......108Tl for the year. Upgrade when you need to,  you can do pay-per-view but cant see that you will really need in the summer months.

go direct to Digiturk, get off the Dolmus as if going to the Tuesday market, walk back a few hundred yard, the shop is located just before the 2 storey motorbike/scooter shop.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 20:25:43 PM by loz »

Offline philrose

Freeview Box
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 17:57:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by loz

Freeview boxes are out there but you have to keep updating the codes, no such thing as a free lunch.

I posted this on another site may help some of you that are thinking of purchasing Digiturk for the first time.

Digiturk have a new system, the new digibox is a one off payment of 250Tl then purchase the package that suits.

I have the old box, I pay 300Tl per annum (with Discounts) this is for the Family package, which is ample for me especially in the winter, movie max 1 & 2, Family max films, Show film, MGM film, BBc prime, Discovery, National Geographic, Reality, BBc News and quiet a few others.

The New system can offer the same for 240TL per annum. or upgrade to include the sinema packet for 321Tl

For approx £100 per year I think this is quite fair. Fethiye Digiturk office are very good at responding to any problems or call out.

I can not see Digiturk disappearing, why would they now bring out a new system. Following the link at the bottom of the post will take you to the Digiturk pages in English, however, it does not tell you about the new system or prices.

New System prices:
One off payment for box 250TL

* ................ .Monthly .......Yearly
    * Mini packet........9.90Tl........108Tl
    * Family Packet.....22.90Tl .......240Tl
    * Cinema Packet.....29.90Tl....... 321Tl
    * Sport Packet .....58.80 Tl.......624Tl
    * Super Packet .....65.80 Tl.......684Tl
    * Magasuper pack... 82.90Tl........852Tl

http://english.digiturk.tv/

Just thought I'd mention I purchased a DIGITURK box, last week, but without any package as we are only out there for a couple of weeks at a time. However you can still get BBC Prime and BBC World plus a couple of French Movie Channels (Which seeem to show quite new American Films) which are dual soundtracked French/English.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Freeview Box
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005, 12:38:56 PM »
Just reading about the digibox from digiturk they say all you need is there box a dish ,a television ,and phone line its quite confusing do you need a phone line or not perhaps I'm a bit thick or to much real ale last night cheers .
                              Lance[^] 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf