Author Topic: Lighting Shop  (Read 5999 times)

Offline 5neeky

Lighting Shop
« on: December 17, 2003, 22:09:15 PM »

I found a really good light shop through my Turkish neighbour. A fantastic place stuffed to the gills with lights of all types. Its located in the owners house - the whole downstairs is taken up about 8 rooms in total. You can bring your purchase back for exchange if you later find you don't like them - I've tested that promise and it works!

The place is out of town and out of the way but here is the address:

Fethiye Light Centre (Avize Market)
Karaculha Narli Mevki No28

Tel 0252 646 75 89

Offline philrose

Lighting Shop
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 17:00:02 PM »
We used this place last year and it's brilliant (no pun intended!). Every room is stuffed with lamp fittings of all discriptions. We kitted out the entire house (12 Light fittings) for about £60 - Bargain!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 17:01:44 PM by philrose »

Offline SueG

Lighting Shop
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 18:01:37 PM »
Have to agree with everything that has been said.  We have just fitted out our villa, inside and out, 40 lights in all, including some expensive wrought iron lights, total price £270.  He was missing a few of the outside lights and promised to put them on the bus to Kalkan in 3 days time and sure enough they arrived exactly as promised.  We have since recommended them to others in Kalkan.  We definately would not have found this place had it not been for this site.  Keep up the good work.

Offline 5neeky

Lighting Shop
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 18:52:49 PM »
Sue,

Glad you managed to find the place as it's a bit off the beaten track but its really worth the effort!

5-

Offline SueG

Lighting Shop
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 19:39:17 PM »
I took the telephone number with me off the site.  We got near but couldn't find it and gave him a ring.  He came running down the road to meet us.  Now that is what I call service.

Offline mary

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 22:30:24 PM »
Have to agree with everything that has been said. realy fantastic place... we have recommended tehem to our neighbours...

Offline What

Lighting Shop
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 03:34:55 AM »
I agree, this shop is very good, but some of the stock is very expensive by Turkish standards. My taxi driver was dismayed by the prices I paid. I did find that if I was flexible on designs, and expressed an interest in broad terms, they went to a lot of trouble to find cheaper versions of the more expensive ranges. But it still did not please my taxi driver who clearly saw another example of Brits paying too much. He did not think many Turkish people would shop there.

Offline Fethiye

Lighting Shop
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 20:30:28 PM »
So, What, I would be interested to get a locals view on this shopping dilemma. Where did your taxi driver suggest you would get better value? Where did he subsequently take you?

Offline What

Lighting Shop
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 06:34:45 AM »
As I had already bought, there was not much point going elsewhere.
I think you are right to point to the 'dilema' of how we who live in a foreign country, with little of the language, test whether we are getting a good deal when our only frame of reference is UK shopping.
There is a danger that we see everything as a bargain, by this yardstick, and we miss the point that suppliers are not getting their stock from the UK wholesaler and they don't pay their staff UK payrates. If as a result we encourage price inflation, that hits locals too. When that spiral gets out of hand we complain that we are being taken advantage of by greedy traders (whether about the cost of beer or houses), when, in effect, we have created and fuel that rising market.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 06:47:12 AM by What »

Offline kanga

Lighting Shop
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 00:00:11 AM »
we bought all our fittings from star electrics in fethiye,£125 including installation
kanga

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf