Author Topic: Is Hisaronu really like this?  (Read 20313 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Is Hisaronu really like this?
« on: February 09, 2006, 10:45:34 AM »
Hi,

I picked this up from aother forum. As I've not stayed in Hisaronu I wondered if it really is as bad as this couple say? Some of our friends are thinking of going this summer as our Villa is booked out.

Comments: This is a beautiful area of Turkey: the nearest big town is Fethiye with a great harbour, market, shops and restaurants. Oludeniz is the closest beach to Hisonaru -- only a 15min/60p dolmus ride away. It is specatacularly pretty, but the beach is a mix of sand and shingle and the sea, to be frank, was not the cleanest we have ever seen (may be down to climate at this time of year). Hisonaru, though, is a bit of a dump -some would call it 'lively', I say it is like Blackpool on speed ! More raucous bars, shops selling 'authentic' designer gear and restaurants serving Belly Buster English breakfasts all day (all prices in UK£s and all 'cheaper than Asda')than you can shy away from -- and you are doing well if you find traditional Turkish food (although noble mentions to Hisar Lokantasi and The Olive Tree)and every one with Shiekh Chust Havaluk and his friends Forfara Ten'r and Cip-As-Cips trying to drag you in. And, oh - the noise! Relentless English and Turkish pop, from 10 am until 2am .... Thankfully the Hotel Green Forest is located about 150m. from the lower, less popular and populous end of town in secluded almond and olive groves next to the cemetery. Dead quiet, you might say. Nevertheless, the hotel is clean, friendly, comfortable with a great pool (despite the pop blaring from the bar) and we had a good holiday. (Brentwood)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 11:51:08 AM by stoop »

Offline apollo

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 10:55:54 AM »
Yep!

Offline apollo

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 10:57:20 AM »
PS. Tumbleweed drifting gently along the streets in the winter.

Offline lolly

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 11:08:24 AM »
We booked for 14 days there a few years ago and lasted 2!!!!!!! The rest of the time we spent travelling by dolmus to Calis and Fethiye.
We stayed at the Hotel Green Forest and found it clean thats about all we can say for it. We had to walk up to Ovacik to find a proper Turkish meal ( a place called Cappadocia which unfortunately is no longer there) but the owner (who looked like Richard Gere) saved our holiday. Anyone going to Turkey for the first time should avoid His' like the plague if they want to experience anything of the real Turkey.

Lolly x

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 11:53:01 AM »
They are first timers so maybe Hisaronu in August is a no no?

Thanks

Stoop

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 12:07:28 PM »
I would say so Stoop unless they want non stop very loud music etc.
It's nice for a night out but not for a fortnight.
Anne

Offline brijen

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 12:23:42 PM »
Isn't that what is so good about this area if you are staying in the Fethiye area you have so many places to visit, We are in Ovacik and  like Hisaronu for a few livelier nights of our holiday, I think people are giving it a rough ride it is no where near as busy as Ayia napa and Malia etc, Its lively but not over the top you see a good mixture of all ages with something for everyone. we go to Fethiye and Oludeniz, Kaya and Calis depending on what sort of night we want. personally I find Calis the least appealing, find it dreary during the day and in need of a face lift, it is better at night, we all like different things thankfully. Jen

Offline susuz.1

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 12:32:24 PM »
And if you have teenagers in your holiday group, Hisaronu is a godsend - my daughter loves it and says she feels much safer there than if she went out to Romford (our local town with all the nightclubs)

Its what makes the whole region so special - something for everyone ...  8) 8)

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 12:52:12 PM »
Hisaronu is not my fav place but when we took Larry's children a few years ago - they loved it.

We prefer Calis these days but it is always fun for a night out! It make me appreciate our tranquil place.

I remember the Olive Tree being a particularly good restaurant.

As you say something for everyone.

Offline kanga

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 14:00:37 PM »
Each to their own for a banging night out or fortnight whichever you prefer, if you are up for loads of loud bars this is for you, if you walk right to the end of village near the ciftlik hotel there are some small quiet bars and like wise at the other end of hisaronu before you get into the main bar street, you just have to be prepared to look. Have to say I am glad my villas in Calis though but we do have some good nights out in Hisaronu.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf