Author Topic: Is Hisaronu really like this?  (Read 20311 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Is Hisaronu really like this?
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 14:25:56 PM »
Thanks everyone - I think I will tell them to try and stay in Calis.

Stoop

Offline madturkishcow

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 18:14:53 PM »
Just to add my pennysworth!
Yes Hisarönü is like this from July through to the end of September.May/June and october it slows down a pace.For better or worse the change happened about five years ago.Even the locals do not like the change,but as most of the staff are 'incomers'and the rewards (a different girl every night)plentyfull they encourage the worse behaviour and are more than happy to supply fishbowls by the thousands.
I do still go to Hisar (it being my stomping ground) but mainly during the daytime to catch up on mates or check out the local gossip. I do sometimes pop into a few bars when I have visitors staying but on the whole I avoid it like the plague!:(
There are two faces to Hisar,the season one and the one which I find most enjoyable which is out of season.

MTC ;) XXX

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 18:18:54 PM »
I travelled to Hisa a few years back (7 in fact ) it was quite a nice place, went there 3 years ago and I thought I had come to Blackpool was horrendous loud music cheap tat in the shops and high prices

not for me

Ron

Offline Jenny

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 18:32:30 PM »
I went their when I was 14, 8 years ago, and it was a really nice place then. I was a sweet and innocent child back then though, (not like 14 year olds are now!) so wouldnt have seent he bar / nightlife side of things anyway, but my Mum does say it was lovely  back then too. She would hate it now!
I go there occassionally for a night out while im staying in Calis and it is so different, and so much bigger, than what I remember. Couldnt spend more than 1 night a holiday there though!

Each to their own though.

Jenny.x.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 20:43:25 PM »
I own a place in calis but before we did we went to Hisaronu 15 times in 10 years, all the bars turn the music down at midnight so it does not disturb your sleep, there is a large selection of eating places of every nationality, there are lots of quite bars on the side streets, and lots of lively bars, it has something for everyone I can give you the name of a very good Hotel which is cheap.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 21:43:19 PM »
Sorry - but with a name like 'Karaokemark' should I be taking your advice about 'quiet bars' - lol

Stoop

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 21:53:57 PM »
home from home

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 22:12:47 PM »
Puma
Do you live in Blackpool then ?

Crabbit

Offline Linda

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 02:05:32 AM »
Well Im obviously in a minority but H has something for everyone  ;)  I like nightlife but I also like to hear myself talk and there is something for everyone in H. My parents in their 80s & we take them to H every June/July-they are not the embarrassring types of older people you see in bars - really [^]They have a great time and appreciate the respect they get in the middle of the day or after midnight  8)

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 09:18:42 AM »

Well I live not far from Blackpool and I HATE it, its dirty and horrible,(apologies to anyone who lives there), but I do like Hisaronu. The village is very quiet and peaceful during the day and I understand what some people are saying about the nightlife, but there is a demand for that sort of thing and teenagers love it.We've had some good holidays up there when our daughter was younger and if we hadn't have holidayed there we possibly wouldn't have discovered Calis! There are some good Turkish restaurants just past the roundabout towards Ovacik, I personally think the Olive Tree is overrated, it was certainly poor the night we visited.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf