Author Topic: Satellite TV  (Read 3039 times)

Offline maggie machin

Satellite TV
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 12:52:15 PM »
so would that be the same with Sky+ Box and card from contract I have just unsubscribed to in the UK.  If I bring both with me, and manage to find a large dish, larger than is in the garden at the moment in Calis, that I would get most of the terrestrial channels listed, and maybe with the Sky+ facility even be able to record. Or am I dreaming?  Cheers for all info. Maggie Machin.  Had no response yet to a "little man who does".  Any tekkies out there looking for some extra cash??

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Satellite TV
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 13:03:51 PM »
Yes you would get them, depending on dish size.

There are a number of 'little men' who know their Sky

Scunner

Offline maggie machin

Satellite TV
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 16:38:59 PM »
thanks scunner.  You seem a knowledgeable little chap yourself. Right, I will bring my Sky+ Box plus card in the car with me next week. Am going to have to use the Internet Meribar Cafe facility in Calis until my broadband connection is up and running, so let me know if you or anyone you know can help with adsl when I get stuck!!  Thanks again for your help. I shall look for a neighbour with a large dish!!   Maggie Machin

Offline tytots

Satellite TV
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 17:38:12 PM »
Thanks for the info Keith. Our 3mtr dish has been put up, haven't seen it yet but hoping to get over soon. I would miss the drama's & documentries when we live there. In the winter, when we are in front of our roaring fire when it's cold or wet outside, watching a black & white film........Luvly, but then we might go down to the wine bar for a meal instead, nice to have more choices. Elaine

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf