Author Topic: Sausage shop  (Read 6715 times)

Offline Dippey

Sausage shop
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 12:51:44 PM »
Well, there we were wondering what to have for lunch whilst scanning the forum, with BB talking about boarhaus sausages from S Africa. cut a short story shorter.

We were intrigued as we had a local butcher in Holmer Green who had won many awards from the Guild for his sausages and we were regular customers.

We were served by a pleasant young girl who was helpful and cheery, we brought 2 types -lamb & rosemary, and beef garlic & herb. 9 sausages in each. Size was ok-ish but as BB said "well full of flavour and meaty taste, not overpowered by the hint of mint or herbs".

Now i have to go back and get some more. :)

Dippz

Offline ausgal

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 09:30:12 AM »
FOUND IT!!! bought packet of 6 ate 2 for lunch then two for dinner, hubby ate the other two,growl, growl, never mind will buy some more. ausgal

Offline Jules1

Sausage shop
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 18:07:49 PM »
Valentine I agree many other countries do a variation on our sausages, as indeed do Turkey.   Having lived in Germany for 4 years I know that they do many types of Bratwurst but nothing really to equal our own British pork sausage, which is what I assumed everyone was talking about.   In fact wherever we have been in the world I have never had anything that tastes like British sausages unless they have been imported.   But thanks for your comments because it actually backs up what I was saying to Ausgal about "Fish n chips" being available in many different countries other than UK.
But pls dont' anyone take me too seriously, it's all tongue in cheek because I like a good debate/ruck now and again to clear the cobwebs.   Starting new job on Monday so won't have time for such frivolities such as heated sausage debating after that!  
Take care :D 8)
xxx

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Sausage shop
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 12:09:42 PM »
We also tried Hobbs, great sausauges - I loved the beef and leek, also lovely burgers, we went back lots of times.  They are going to be making veggie burgers and sausages eventually ( I have a veggie daugther).  One thing to remember they seem to now close on Monday and Tuesday.
Jacqui.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Sausage shop
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 12:31:21 PM »
Very difficult this.

Hobbs Family Sausages assured me that their sausages were high quality, and they would NEVER produce a sausage with less than (something like) 80% meat content. NEVER.

Vegetarian sausage recipe will be interesting then lol

Scunner (sorry Lesley  ;))

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Sausage shop
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 21:23:58 PM »
Hi just got back i did find the Sausage Shop eventually after driving past four times ,did mention this to the girl serving saying perhaps a Sign outside might help ,her reply was you know what its like to get anything done in Turkey, well i dont know everything i have wanted done has been done straight away,instead of just gazing out the window couldn't she just put a sign felt tip and paper would do just so people might know where it is.i found them okay quite small very expencive dont know what weight was not all that impressed none of them go nice with egg for brekkie.

Lance

Offline philrose

Sausage shop
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2006, 05:35:12 AM »
Tried the leek and onion and beef and tomato last week, not bad, but too expensive to be anything more than an occasional treat.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 09:35:44 AM by philrose »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Sausage shop
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2006, 06:38:19 AM »
We found the directions quite clear and found the sausage shop without too much trouble.  I know from  bitter experience in the U.K. that getting permission to erect signs is not easy and if the Turkish authorities are anything like the British ones it's best to keep the right side of them, particularly when you have a new business venture and need food permits.
As for the price I think the sausages are 7 YTL a packet which is a reasonable price for handmade sausages.  I always think you get what you pay for, if you want beige sausage you can find them prepacked in most supermarkets.
Good luck to the Hobbs I hope their business does well.   We shall certainly be back for more in September.
Jacqui.

Offline ausgal

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2006, 19:10:48 PM »
Jules1, you obviously don't know Turkey, they eat more sausages than the Brits but they are known as sosu, and they are also very nice, look in the supermarkets they are full of them. sorry been Ill have just seen your message. ausgal

Offline ausgal

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2006, 19:14:49 PM »
sure someone will pick up my mistake, I have been ILL ausgal

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf