Author Topic: whats on tv?  (Read 2864 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
whats on tv?
« on: May 08, 2006, 00:13:55 AM »
We have bought a tv and dvd for our villa, mainly for the kids to watch the odd dvd.  However, would be interested to know what sort of stuff you get out there? Are there any english speaking channels, i.e. any form of news channel, or do you have to get satellite? thanks

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
whats on tv?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 09:25:43 AM »
I purchased a small TV and an arial which recieves Turkish terristrial channels only, which is great if you want to pick up the lingo. The turkish kiddies programmes are great for this. But to answer you question then Yes you would need a satellite receiver and all the other gubbins to get Sky and BBC news 24 etc... watch the posts come in.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
whats on tv?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 15:44:14 PM »
You can get BBC Prime and quite a few other english speaking channels - National Geographic and the like, if you subscribe to the basic Digiturk package.

You can print off a weekly schedule for BBC Prime at their website. Alternatively you can print off a daily schedule which has more detail. My advice will be to print one daily schedule off seven times, because it is repetitive crap.

Scunner

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
whats on tv?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 22:52:23 PM »
thanks all. The digiturk package  sounds like the best one for us. I presume its the cheapest? I dont want loads of channels, but do like to watch a bit of news of a morning when Im away. So my next question, where do I go for this? and at what cost? Can I pay monthly or in one single annual payment?

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
whats on tv?
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 23:02:54 PM »
scunner just been out to calis and bbc prime seems to have disappeared from my channels?

Offline Jenny

whats on tv?
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 23:44:02 PM »
I stayed at my friends house in April and there were lots of english channels - BBC Prime is a load of rubbish but there are a few movie channels and CNBC or something like that, about channel 6, was really good and showed Desperate Housewives, Cold Case, 24, those sorts of programmes. I watched that and the movie channels and the music channels all the time, and although I speak and teach french, I couldnt understand much of the french programmes but there were lots of them!
BBC Prime did show Eastenders though, a few episodes behind, so i did manage to get my fix of that once I relaised it was on and managed to predict when it would be on!

Jenny.x.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
whats on tv?
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 07:47:24 AM »
Sue mac.....The Digiturk shop is just over half way between the traffic lights at Migros and the entrancce to the Tuesday market in Fethiye  (on the same side of the road) Basic package is only 14.90 TL a mpnth and you can add to that. You can pay cash, plastic or through the bank monthly or annually....the choice is yours. :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 07:48:07 AM by tribalelder »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
whats on tv?
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 07:49:42 AM »
The young lady in the shop does speak English. :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
whats on tv?
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 09:52:35 AM »
Puma

A few people lost BBC Prime around the same time - I think most of them saw it as a welcome release. Are you on digiturk or on a 'pay once' system?

Mrs. Scunner was distraught at not being able to see the misery of Eastenders, but I found it again on another hotbird channel (not for me you understand).

Awwight bruv ansome yer avvin a larff

Scunner

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
whats on tv?
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 21:16:35 PM »
BBC Prime has changed frequency, if you have the hotbird set up then you will need to search, digiturk will still be on 105.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf