Author Topic: disablity  (Read 6036 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: disablity
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 15:01:28 PM »
My experiences of airports for a passenger in a wheelchair. Dalaman - absolutely fantastic. Istanbul Ataturk - absolutely fantastic. London Heathrow - absolutely useless = incompetent, rude, unhelpful, and an utter disgrace. And that's for a UK citizens, hell knows how it treats foreigners. The airport is a national embarrassment.

Offline George Warner

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 17:19:40 PM »
My experiences of airports for a passenger in a wheelchair. Dalaman - absolutely fantastic. Istanbul Ataturk - absolutely fantastic. London Heathrow - absolutely useless = incompetent, rude, unhelpful, and an utter disgrace. And that's for a UK citizens, hell knows how it treats foreigners. The airport is a national embarrassment.
Here here, also add Geneva and Bristol as being top notch

Offline siamesechris

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 17:25:38 PM »
oh brilliant !!!!!

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 21:49:48 PM »
Birmingham wasn't much better either OCS are seriously understaffed, going out wasn't to bad, got through checks relatively quick, but on return my mom was taken on a tour of the airport picking up other special assistant passengers from 3 other flights before taking her to passport control, it took nearly an Hour and half from landing to get out of the airport. I know they are providing an extra service but this isn't ideal for people with disabilaties.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 22:58:58 PM »
Alicante brilliant as is Manchester airport. Never had any problems in 15 years..

Offline siamesechris

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 08:35:25 AM »
Hi Cathy
did you find out if 3c had another wheelchair please?
thanks
Christine

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 15:43:46 PM »
I think that they had two...

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 19:18:20 PM »
Christine

Cathy says that she has replied, have you checked the "my messages " tab at the top of the page?

Offline siamesechris

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 09:03:07 AM »
Thanks for all for sorting out wheelchairs for my recent holiday. The out bound flight went like a dream...the Dalaman RETURN didn't. I  went to the phone at the coach drop off and rang to say I needed wheelchair assistance...the reply was " what airline...OK.
I got the same reply after phoning again after 10..20..30 40 minutes! no one ever turned up despite collaring several airport employees who went to find info and never came back ! The same happened to a severely disabled man and his family. For all this time we all stood- there is no seating.
What we didn't know was that wheelchairs are available AFTER booking in- so you have to join the queue for security, then the queue for bag drop off. Then you find the wheelchairs you asked for are waiting. But by then I had been standing in considerable pain for over an hour.
What really made my day was the TC rep telling me that's why it is always better to book a Thomas Cook holiday" even though its a £100 more because they would have helped me"! Insensitive or what?

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2017, 09:35:04 AM »
Sounds like a very unhelpful way of dealing with disabled customers at Dalaman. At least you have warned people what to expect.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf