Author Topic: Thomas cook  (Read 2785 times)

Offline tamd

« on: September 27, 2017, 11:53:00 AM »
I understand that Thomson are allowing kindles and such like in hand luggage departing  Dalaman again.  Is this same for Thomas cook does anyone know??

Offline Steve A

Re: Thomas cook
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 12:23:31 PM »
Yes just left on Tuesday took ,iPads,iPhones through no problem.Make sure they are visible,charged and switched on.Firts two security checks no issues,allow a bit more time to get to your gate early as they are doing a "random" check their which includes checking your electricals and searching you.They scan your boarding card and you have either been identified for a check so wait in another queue or you haven't and you go straight through.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 12:55:57 PM »
They scan your boarding card and you have either been identified for a check so wait in another queue or you haven't and you go straight through.

Exactly so Steve A but how have you been identified for a check or not. Or is it random and if so seems very odd. :( :( :(

Offline Steve A

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 14:34:57 PM »
Don't know how they identify you but I noticed at check in the lady wrote something on our boarding card .We weren't even scanned they just looked at it so i assume they are identifying so many at check in writing on your card if you are not chosen,make sense ? I don't know

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 16:11:46 PM »
There was a link somewhere other day saying if your boarding pass contains a certain 4 letters you will be getting a definete frisk and search, becos of rubbish internet the link would not open so i never did find out what the letters are!

Offline madmart

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 18:14:06 PM »
There was a link somewhere other day saying if your boarding pass contains a certain 4 letters you will be getting a definete frisk and search, becos of rubbish internet the link would not open so i never did find out what the letters are!
Isis?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 18:34:37 PM »
SSSS. But it mostly applies to passengers arriving in the Good Ol' US of A.    :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/ssss-printed-on-boarding-pass-meaning/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf