Author Topic: Looking for passengers on delayed flight  (Read 5646 times)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Looking for passengers on delayed flight
« on: November 07, 2017, 18:36:59 PM »
Hi there,not posted for a long time,  :) am looking for passengers who were on flight EZ Y 1944 Dalaman to Manchester,on 25th September,on the 8 hour delay,I've had a nightmare trying to contact easyjet,and can only get a customer service number in South Africa,have filled the forms in and been declined compensation via the emails from South Africa,it all seems a bit dodgy that there is no U.K. Number, was hoping there was someone who was on the same flight can offer any advise,thank you .

Offline Fran

Re: Looking for passengers on delayed flight
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 18:55:06 PM »
EasyJet's phone number is 0330 365 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 19:32:47 PM »
0330 365 5000 (Fran's number is short of a 0 )   :)

To call them from Turkey use 0044 330 365 5454

Offline Christie

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 19:38:41 PM »
When we were delayed in June, we simply completed the form on the easyjet site, they responded straight away, and we received the compensation with 3 weeks.   

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 20:17:11 PM »
Thanks,that's the number that takes you to South Africa, and they keep you on the line for ever,they declined the claim,when I filled the form in ,stating extraordinary circumstances,would like to find someone on the flight really,

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 22:16:57 PM »
Hi Laffa, My wife & sister were on that flight. I filled out the forms and got knocked back and then emailed them to complain about them declining and got a waffly email back knocking us back again.
Happy to share any info with you if it helps as a claim would be good.
They told me the delay was due to a medical emergency which is bull **** as a passenger had a heart attack and was taken off the plane. That does not take 8 hours. The 8 hours was due to the fact they had to change the crew. Surely it doesn't take 8 hours to rally a new crew together.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 22:30:10 PM »
It can take that long - remember they need to contact them, find a complete crew who are willing to work after getting a phone call out of the blue, then they have to get sorted and get to the airport - and they are only a quick as the last one to turn up. On our delayed flight they needed to get a replacement crew to man a plane that was based at Gatwick, so it also needed more time to fly to Glasgow to pick us up.

In any case, 8 hours or not, it isn't reason to not pay - we got paid out by Thomson without any fuss.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 22:48:07 PM »
Can you keep in touch,and I will do the same,I have spoke with someone,but it's a nightmare ringing that number,if you approach CEDR 8 weeks after the date they will take your claim up,the CAA don't deal with easyjet,if they were in the right,why did they supply food twice,not ringing them again ,I know that song inside out ,while they have you on hold,

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 23:33:32 PM »

If you try www.bottonline.co.uk you can type in your flight details and they will tell you if it qualifies for compensation

and how much. You can then, if you wish use them, for a percentage, to claim it for you. They have online operators

to discuss and answer questions. I used them and got nearly £600 nett for a 3 hour delay x 2

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 23:08:32 PM »
Laffa did you get any further with Easyjet?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf