Author Topic: Istanbul restaurant  (Read 14113 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Istanbul restaurant
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 21:11:21 PM »
Is this the old Kaya Park? If not, whatever happened to the old Kaya Park  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 21:18:13 PM »
No it's not the old Kaya Park.

If it was it would be called The Old Kaya Park instead of the Istanbul Restaurant !

The old Kaya Park is still the Kaya Park.

;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 21:22:12 PM »
Oh I see

Used to go to the Old Kaya Park (AKA the Kaya Park) regularly many years ago, used to be hundreds there and lots of entertainment. The reason I asked was because I haven't noticed it even mentioned for years.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 07:11:55 AM »
Yeah there were some good nights at the Old Kaya Park....the gates remain though! Perhaps the old  knob could enlighten us  :) ( sorry, meant the 0ld Kkob this bloody predictive text!!!! ;)))))))

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 07:14:17 AM »
Thanks KKOB,  and certainly won't be buying any more kids ;)

Offline Brianbern

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 08:54:39 AM »
I wouldn't say the night isn't suitable for children - there was a 10 month old baby there last week & this week a family with 3 children around 8 or 9 - they even brought one of the poolside beds & a blanket out for one little girl who just slept through the dancing! We've certainly seen children there most times we've been

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2014, 10:01:36 AM »
I am going to get shot down in flames here but I have to say it.  I like a night out with grown ups.
I don't want children running around or babies sleeping on sunbeds when I am out in the evening to have a nice meal and chill out with a few drinks and some great entertainment.  It is not fair to the adults and more importantly not fair to the children.
The coach picked us up at 6.30pm and we spent 1 hour on it picking people up   We arrived had our dinner and some drinks and then settled to watch the first set of Nat and Yil then a break then the second set for dancing and of course lots of drinking. We waited for the coach until 12.30pm and arrived home at 1.50pm.   A very very long night.  There were no children.
I know my daughter would not dream of taking my Granddaughter to a long night like this and I would not want her to be their either.  She is 4 years old and goes to bed at 7.00-8.00pm When not in bed she is a bundle of energy and wants to run and dance and sing.  I am sure other diners would not appreciate that if they wanted to listen to the entertainment.  There is nothing for the kids to do there and parents would need to watch them as there is a swimming pool at the back of the restaurant.   I am sure children would be bored to tears.
I am not a child hater.  I love children I adore my Granddaughter and love and want her to be with us, but, sometimes  adults need a grown up night to enjoy themselves.   
We have been twice and not seen any children probably because it was not the school holidays.
Thanks for the heads up about children it's good to know for the future.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2014, 18:05:01 PM »

Offline snowtop

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2014, 10:33:37 AM »
We had 4 offspring and have got 6 grandchildren, so I think we like them, however, when we went on holidays abroad we looked for No Children resorts.
If we go out for a meal at night we look for somewhere where the chance of children is limited.
The main reason is, in many cases there is a definite lack of parental control and some parents, also Turkish, seem to relish seeing their offspring racing between tables, screaming or yelling at the top of their voices.
We have the choice of where we eat and if there are any youngsters acting in a way that may spoil our night, we go somewhere else and leave them to upset the customers that are staying.

Offline sadler

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2014, 16:50:18 PM »
Agree snow top, we also have 3 off spring with 9 grandchildren and 2great grandchildren. If we go to a venue where children seem out of parental  control, we move on.

To inform an inquirer that a particular venue is only suitable for adults as a previous poster did is not only selfish in the extreme but also discriminatory IMHO.  :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf