Author Topic: Holidaying alone  (Read 6573 times)

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
Re: Holidaying alone
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2020, 20:34:16 PM »
Oops! Don't't know what happened there Highlander. I've managed to insert my reply in the middle of your answer  ;D

My apologies also - I am fairly sure you mentioned your apartment when we met in Lluka    :)   :)   :)
Did we?  ;D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2020, 20:50:03 PM »
Rana - I have pm'ed you.  :)

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2020, 09:40:44 AM »
I initially went to Calis on my own many years ago and never had any problems.  That was back in the day when lone women could be chatted up lol.  I never felt intimidated or unsafe.  I went to a Fethiye in the evening, ate out etc.  You wont have any problems and you will be safe.  Of course you will meet people when you’re there and I’m sure you will have a great time.  I’m there on 26 August for two weeks.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 10:12:59 AM »
Hi Rana I frequently go on ahead of my hubby or stay on and he goes back to U.K., and it’s totally fine, some pluses are no snoring to deal with at night and bed to yourself, being able to please yourself like going for facials pedis etc, shopping with no1 saying “you don’t need it” and generally doing as you please, no1 bats an eyelid re you eating out alone and there are always folk to chat to.
Saying that I really miss my hubby and it’s defo true the saying absence makes the heart grow fonder as I can’t wait to se him once it’s time for him to come back.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 10:46:35 AM »
Thanks karenninia, my hubby will go to Turkey on Friday for two weeks to visit his family (I'm dog sitting at home) so I'll miss him yes but if I go to Calis I plan to do all the things you've mentioned, (with a dental appointment thrown in) so I don't think I'll have time to miss him then :D
He says I'm the snorer so I don't think he'll miss that ;D

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2020, 18:48:23 PM »
I wouldn't hesitate to go on my own, although I always go with my family I'm happy with my own company, that said its worth considering that this year is likely to be very quiet indeed and you may not get so many opportunities to meet many others.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2020, 22:19:25 PM »
Jet2 August 16th £69. Various prices coming back, 11 nights £140. Thought that was reasonable😁

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2020, 14:11:39 PM »
Hi Rana, did you manage to get away on your own?
I used to go to Calis 3/4 times a year in my own, I loved it!
I never planned a day, either stayed in Calis for the day or jumped on a dolmus to wherever 😊
I ate when I wanted, slept when I wanted, nobody to please except me👍🏼
I met lovely people, it was my happy place, until I took my ex. He spoiled it for me, BUT booked for 2 weeks next June, can’t wait!
The night times-I’d go out for tea on my own, then have a walk round the shops.
I know a lovely couple there, so would sometimes meet them.
If I spent the day in Olu Deniz, I’d have tea there and return later in the evening. Such a relaxing place Calis.
And THE most important thing-I always felt safe there, and that’s very important when you are travelling alone🌷

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2020, 18:28:46 PM »
Before my husband retire I would go out May, June , july and Sept Oct. He would come out for the odd week. He felt confident to leave me and I felt safe too. To get home I had to cross market diagonally. Must admit I looked around in the dark so tried to get home before dark

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2020, 08:15:40 AM »
Hi Jenny 1,
 No i didn't go in the end as i had other commitments at home and I'd left it too late as in if I needed to quarantine i would miss the start of the new school term. Definitely going for it next year all being good 😉

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf