Author Topic: Boat trip  (Read 1867 times)

Offline lissa

Re: Boat trip
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2022, 18:14:47 PM »
Some of the bigger boats along Fethiye harbour are offering cheaper boat trips, but if you want a smaller boat, around £20 for a shared day out seems to be the norm. Unfortunately, Turkey is experiencing hyperinflation just now, fuel has obviously increased, but everything has rocketed in price. For an example, a jar of jam, local not import, that I used to buy last year, at 9 lira, in late April this year, it was 22, the other day, I noticed it was 46, on special, so will be over 50/60 lira once repriced. For people on Turkish salaries, or living on lira, this is a huge increase in the cost of living. Can live without the jam but of course these increases are across the board on everything!
And the exchange rate is good, over 20 lira to the pound, so if coming with Sterling, it is still affordable here.  Always been some restaurants more expensive than others, that never changes, but my family say that eating out here is affordable.

Offline Gordon Smith

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2022, 07:37:09 AM »
I went yesterday with 9 others and the trip cost £20 or 435TL. It is a standard Co op price. Where £40 came from ?

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2022, 08:01:53 AM »
I went yesterday with 9 others and the trip cost £20 or 435TL. It is a standard Co op price. Where £40 came from ?
Maybe that was the quoted price for the couple? Seems likely...

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2022, 09:09:38 AM »
Yes, I'm not sure why she said £40. I should have just messaged Jerry and asked him instead of asking on here. It wasn't just a passing comment either but a whole conversation. Think I'm going to leave it that, like you said might have been confused about the charge for a couple.
On a personal note, I'm just happy I'll be laid out in the front of the boat catching some rays in the not too distant future.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf